Offline mtarone

Hey all, thought I'd join up as there seems to be a solid contingent of SA car enthusiasts here.

Recently I picked up an AW 1M, and am having a great time with it.

All I've had done so far is a Gtechniq C1 paint treatment on the paint and wheels.

Next will be a car bra, although I'm not sure of the best place in SA to get it done. I believe that the guys at Splash in Glen Osmond do it, so I'll probably go there I guess.

But now I'm thinking of getting the mirrors & wheels resprayed in black.

With a car like this you can't really exploit its potential on the road (legally), so I'd love to now if there are any track days at Mallala that are suitable for beginners?

Recently I went to a track day in Vegas driving a 458 and I had an absolute ball!

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Great purchase mate......welcome :thumbsup:

The run in the 458 would of been a blast :burnout: :D

Offline mtarone

Thanks.

Yeah - they had to pry me out the cabin. I also drove an SLS which was pretty good (felt very heavy and probably not suited to track) but after I drove the 458 I think I've decided on my next car (LOL).

I hadn't really finished that post, but I was going to say that I've had a little track experience but if there are some upcoming track days at Mallala that welcome newcomers I'd love to know about them.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Very nice, should look even better with the black accents. I'd black out the chrome on the grill too.

Hate to be the person who puts on the car bra, looks like it would be a tricky job!  :scared:

Offline mtarone

Very nice, should look even better with the black accents. I'd black out the chrome on the grill too.

Hate to be the person who puts on the car bra, looks like it would be a tricky job!  :scared:

Thanks - well spotted, yes I should get a blackened grill too.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Hey all, thought I'd join up as there seems to be a solid contingent of SA car enthusiasts here.

Recently I picked up an AW 1M, and am having a great time with it.

All I've had done so far is a Gtechniq C1 paint treatment on the paint and wheels.

Next will be a car bra, although I'm not sure of the best place in SA to get it done. I believe that the guys at Splash in Glen Osmond do it, so I'll probably go there I guess.

But now I'm thinking of getting the mirrors & wheels resprayed in black.

With a car like this you can't really exploit its potential on the road (legally), so I'd love to now if there are any track days at Mallala that are suitable for beginners?

Recently I went to a track day in Vegas driving a 458 and I had an absolute ball!

theres a track day mid May

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
Welcome,

I'm sure I saw this 1M out the other day (can't be too many in Adl).  Great looks on the road, all flared arches etc.

Keep it stock !

The SA Porsche club have a pretty good track day program and usually welcome all-comers.

Cheers

SCK

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
See if you can get carbon fibre mirrors and grill surround as you can then put back to standard.

Looks great and I wouldn't paint the wheels didn't you know silver is the new black.

Also for the $1000 it costs to get the wheels painted black you could almost get a set of knock off black rims from the boys at wheel works on port road. You then keep the original in perfect condition

Offline mtarone

You're' right, there aren't many here. I've seen another AW 1M on Glen Osmond road last week, and a 135 with an M badge on Shepherds Hill Road last week. haha.

Thanks, will check out the dates.

Offline mtarone

See if you can get carbon fibre mirrors and grill surround as you can then put back to standard.

Looks great and I wouldn't paint the wheels didn't you know silver is the new black.

Also for the $1000 it costs to get the wheels painted black you could almost get a set of knock off black rims from the boys at wheel works on port road. You then keep the original in perfect condition

Good idea on the grill and mirrors will see if I can find a distributor of these, if they exist?

Knock off CSL rims around around $1k hey? Hmmm......thats very interesting!