Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

there's two places to distroy your car at Mallala one is the kink before the northern hairpin go wide there and your in big trouble i had the rear of the NSX step out at around 190kph last sunday after that i thought i would never do number 2's ever again, the other is coming out of turn 2 put the power on too early and say g'day to the pit wall.

i hope this hasnt scared mhh off mark should come out one day it can be lots of fun.

Mark, yer doing the next one right?  :mischief: You in for the next one, Les?

I lost it once at turn 2. YSS was with me as pax and he was showing me a new line to try. At one point he told me to power up and I just gave it too much gas too quickly and car just spun...we ended up facing the wrong way and as I was just off the track down comes an F430..although there was plenty of clearance, it was still an 'interesting' experience :)

The way the day was done I think its quite safe. no more than 6 cars on the track at any one time, plenty of room between cars unless you're in the fast group. safe and fun day all around! sitting as a pax in YSS's car doing a fast lap was just awesome  :thumbsup:

What's yer best time at Mallala, Les?

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
last sunday on 38c day with worn rear tyres i got into 21's with new tyres and a cooler day maybe low 21's but thats about it i definately need more power and more rear rubber before i can get the times down.

as for Yasser's new line your car is miles apart from a new GT3, he can hold turn 2 heaps tighter than the M5 remembering its a heavey 4 door sedan that has a higher center of gravity. Things just happen differently so should the lines - well generally speaking.

yeah ill be in the next one ive been racing at Mallala twice in a week great to be in the top 10 out of around 50 last sunday with the porker club. thier not as pretentious as i thought they would have been

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

you've got to show me some lines on the day! the best time I got was when I did it as a double apex..entered just off the left, hit first apex, extended out a bit then gently swung back in with minimal throttle to hit the 2nd apex then power out with a slightly lose tail when hitting the right strip on the straight...felt really good!

I want to do the back straight with my foot firmly planted down..should hit over 205km/h...no guts after I lost it there...

all about balance, slow in fast out and smoothness isn't it... :faint:

next event I'm going to limit to 5 laps per outing. doing 10 laps a go wasn't productive..

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

thats the way i do turn two exactly.

my top speed is 190 when it hits the rev limiter in third. could'nt go much faster anyway.

yeah anything over say 6-7 laps at full noise makes you go backwards

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Mark, yer doing the next one right? 

No, thinking about it some more, it isn't my thing.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

No, thinking about it some more, it isn't my thing.

is it the repetitiveness or the technicaltiveness (not really a word)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

is it the repetitiveness or the technicaltivness (not really a word)

Not sure - I've just never enjoyed it that much.  I loved Classic Adelaide - which is probably less safe than Mallala -but the idea of spinning a car freaks me way out.   But mostly I just don't like Mallala. 

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Wow, you have me in a stutter with that word.  :boggled:

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Not sure - I've just never enjoyed it that much.  I loved Classic Adelaide - which is probably less safe than Mallala -but the idea of spinning a car freaks me way out.   But mostly I just don't like Mallala. 

thats fair however ive spun out on Hutt street but never at Mallala and its heaps safer spining at a race track than just about anywhere.

its not about spining its about getting it right, golfs the same get a swing right and it gives you the reason to keep hitting that bloody ball again and again until that feeling comes back to you

Offline 265T

Mallala doesn't do it for me either, for me it's the repetitiveness, i love hillclimbing atm, a 35sec pure adrenalin rush compared to 10mins driving around in circles