Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

even if he is a little 'confident' at times
he's a kid and will say and do silly things. we were all the same at the same age. just takes time.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
he's a kid and will say and do silly things. we were all the same at the same age. just takes time.

but seems like the cops & bystanders were being tools also. its not like he was pelting along Surf Parade at warp speed, he was giving it a rev, possibly a little brash, but c'mon.   I would feel like telling everyone to get #ucked if i got pulled over for something as trivial as that.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

but seems like the cops & bystanders were being tools also. its not like he was pelting along Surf Parade at warp speed, he was giving it a rev, possibly a little brash, but c'mon.   I would feel like telling everyone to get #ucked if i got pulled over for something as trivial as that.
totally agree

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

if he wasnt who he was, no one would care.  It's all about selling ad space for papers and TV.

I remember getting pulled over for doing a burnout in my late teens ( with a cop just behind me  :doh:), we all go through that stage.

Offline ckbag

He has an exemption. They allow him to drive from home to his training place, but got caught driving elsewhere. The guy is alright, same could not be said for his father though.

The funny thing is the training place is within 5-10min walk from his house..... But yeah me thinks media is blowing this whole thing up, wouldn't be surprised if this story ends up in today tonight or a current affair lol

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
wouldn't be surprised if this story ends up in today tonight or a current affair lol

Then I will complain that ACA and TT are not being very "Australian" by making Tomic the subject of a witch hunt....

FFS revving the car makes him a hoon???? If anyone else did it in another car no one would think twice about it.
Sounds like this is a bad case of the "Tall Poppey Syndrome".  :doh:

I understand his frustration but Tomic should have just gone home after the incident (unless he actually does have a valid reason for exemption and the cops had no right to make him return home).   I hope he is in the right though, could be the beginning of a new era where unwarranted police harrassment on young people and car enthusiasts becomes a thing of the past.

Less police making up "hoon" charges and more actually solving and preventing crime.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline ckbag

FFS revving the car makes him a hoon???? If anyone else did it in another car no one would think twice about it.
Sounds like this is a bad case of the "Tall Poppey Syndrome".  :doh:

he got fined for revving? i would of thought he was fined for Driving the car the car out into areas which violates his special license exemption?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
he got fined for revving? i would of thought he was fined for Driving the car the car out into areas which violates his special license exemption?

First time was revving (hoon laws or some BS), second time was violation of conditions (but Tomic family seems to think he wasn't in violoation so who knows???)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline YMCMB

Nice looking Beamer tho!  I love the colour, very flamboyant!

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

The guy is alright, same could not be said for his father though.

Same goes for a lot of sport obsessed fathers hell bent on their kids "making it."

A mate of mine from baseball was made several offers to play professional baseball, cricket AND afl. Out of the whole time I played with him (6 years), I can't remember a match or training session where his father wasn't carrying on at him like a pork chop. Some great stories over those years... Bloody hell.

At the end of the day, he's playing for the Gold Coast Suns, so I guess the whole father being a cock works...