Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

Lleyton Hewitt lost a match once when he was 13 and his dad made him run home from Blackwood to West Lakes. Its a 30km run, lucky for Lleyton its down hill.
I don't see what good can come from that - he would have felt like shit for losing the match, why make it worse by punishing him? All that would do would build up a hatred for my dad.

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

lucky for Lleyton its down hill.

Bit like his career.

Wonder if Pops made him run home from Melbourne after the Djokovic match...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Agree with both your points completely, but on the first one, his Dad literally would take him to the park across from their house and make him do multiple drills, and not let him stop until he could do it PERFECTLY X number of times in a row.

That would only work if the kid was keen to start with , to try that with just anyone would make them hate the sport and the father.

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

That would only work if the kid was keen to start with , to try that with just anyone would make them hate the sport and the father.
Thats true, and also hence why the natural talent would be needed. With Beckham, he was a huge ManU fan since always, so I guess that wasn't a problem.

Offline Markis

• Drives: Yes
Another thread derailed lol. We don't want this to turn into the pensioner section of Fchat.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Another thread derailed lol. We don't want this to turn into the pensioner section of Fchat.

The motor12 thread already sounds like Fchat
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Only just saw this story now - what a joke!

When the police have to pull out a bull crap fine like revving your engine you know he is being unfairly targeted. Not sure if it's been mentioned but the M3 is provided by BMW as part of his sponsorship package, hence why his exemption only allows him to drive it for tennis related activities.

Now that the Australian Open is on and he is in the public eye where ever he goes you could argue that he was within the limits of his exemption to drive it throughout the tournament no matter where he went.

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
Well it can't be that serious, someone saw him driving around surfers a couple of days ago
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
the M3 is provided by BMW as part of his sponsorship package, hence why his exemption only allows him to drive it for tennis related activities.

And they r getting max publicity out of it!!!  :scratchchin:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline ckbag

Only just saw this story now - what a joke!

When the police have to pull out a bull crap fine like revving your engine you know he is being unfairly targeted. Not sure if it's been mentioned but the M3 is provided by BMW as part of his sponsorship package, hence why his exemption only allows him to drive it for tennis related activities.

Now that the Australian Open is on and he is in the public eye where ever he goes you could argue that he was within the limits of his exemption to drive it throughout the tournament no matter where he went.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/tomic-to-face-court-over-traffic-offences-20120131-1qrbj.html

he probably got stopped for a bit of revving but got FINED for violating his special exemption and he got fined AGAIN for not heading home straight after but rather cruising around the same area where he got stopped in the first place.....
sounds like ur typical high school kid thinking his cool by ignoring the law/police

I would understand his initial actions of risking driving the car out (who wouldnt? its an M3 when ur 19 !!!) but if i got caught i think i would be man enough to admit it is my fault,pay the fine and drive straight home instead of ignoring the police and continue driving around like a little prick.