Offline carmooch

• Name: George
I just think that if his exemption allows him to drive it for "activities directly related to his tennis" then he should have been allowed to drive it for the duration of the Australian Open without consequence since he would have paparazzi and fans swooning over him where ever he went.

It's not like BMW gave him the car so he wouldn't have to catch the bus, they expect to see him driving it to enhance their brand image. Any time he is behind the wheel he is "working" and shouldn't be bothered in my opinion. You could easily argue that the conditions of the exemption are infringing on his right to earn a living as it puts his sponsorship with BMW at risk.

On top of that it's not like he was speeding or driving recklessly and I doubt he was revving the engine either considering it's more than likely to be paddleshift.

Of course the irony of this whole scenario is that it has granted BMW even more exposure, so job well done Tomic.

Offline ckbag

I just think that if his exemption allows him to drive it for "activities directly related to his tennis" then he should have been allowed to drive it for the duration of the Australian Open without consequence since he would have paparazzi and fans swooning over him where ever he went.

dont really see how him driving around in his car is directly related to tennis? at best indirectly....

he wasn't going to be signing event or any other event to promote himself or tennis... if he really wants to drive the car anywhere he wants he should stick a giant picture of his face and print aspiring tennis star"" on the side of the car, like some of the mayoral candidates are doing in this city :P

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

You could easily argue that the conditions of the exemption are infringing on his right to earn a living as it puts his sponsorship with BMW at risk.

I dont understand why he should get an exemption when others cant.  BMW knows the law and could have given him a lesser car to drive around in.

Offline chaser

I dont understand why he should get an exemption when others cant.  BMW knows the law and could have given him a lesser car to drive around in.

+1 its not fair on others.

Offline dazz245

It's good exposure for BMW. A bright vibrant M3 would prove to be a much better poster for BMW than a 330 or 528.

With the press putting the heat on Tomic and not the car, it works out well for BMW. I think.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
+1 its not fair on others.

Life isn't fair to everybody, so get used to it.  8)

(Just stating an opinion, not having a go at anyone)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline hydie

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/08-10--BMW--M3--E92-MY11-M-DCT--Coupe/1452060473

LOL!

Too much bad press?

Description
08/10, BMW, M3, E92 MY11 M-DCT, Coupe
Build Date - Circa 2010
Odometer - 6,829 Kms. Showing on Odometer
Log Books, Complete Service History
Colour - Fire Orange
Transmission- 7 Spd Sports Automatic Dual Clutch
Engine - 4.0 Ltr Multi-Point Injection Petrol - Premium ULP
Registration - No Registration
Accessories - Aircond., P/Steer, P/Wind, ABS, Cru. Cont, Cent.Lock, CD Stacker, GPS Navigation, Radio, Airbag Side Various, Alloy Wheels, Immobiliser (Fact), Body Kit, Climate Control, carbon fiber spoiler,side mirrors,rear diffuser,fender grill and bonnet grills
Trim - Black Leather
No. of Seats - 5
No. of Doors - 2
Geebung, QLD

Offline hydie

Anyway, posted this on a FB group of mine, got this response:

My friend works VERY closely with Bernard and has said that he made the decision to sell the M3 at auction before all the cop bullshit happened. It is his car and he keeps every cent. He will be buying a R8 in Monte Carlo which will be his main home this year.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
An R8 in Monte Carlo is the poor mans rich car.

Get something special Bernard, cars are basically half price sometimes more over here, you can do much better than an R8
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com