Online Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Is that the brand new c63 Fortis or the previous model ?

The new one, Audi RS Avants and even the supercharged S4 I had are so much smoother, much more refined, the Benz tranny is horrendous, so clunky, the car feels like a American muscle car, heavy steering, not enjoyable to DD not for me anyway.

I am waiting for the new RS4 until I dump it, if the RS4 isn't what I like I will get a RS6, the reason I am not getting a RS6 now is because it's too big for daily duties.

Sorry for the short reply I am on my phone.

Online Fortis

• 300kph+ club

do you mind comparing the 2?

I hope you don't have the same buyers regret with the GT4

The GT4 is a toy I am sure I will like it it kind and of reminds me of the FD3S I had  :p

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
The new one, Audi RS Avants and even the supercharged S4 I had are so much smoother, much more refined, the Benz tranny is horrendous, so clunky, the car feels like a American muscle car, heavy steering, not enjoyable to DD not for me anyway.

I am waiting for the new RS4 until I dump it, if the RS4 isn't what I like I will get a RS6, the reason I am not getting a RS6 now is because it's too big for daily duties.

Sorry for the short reply I am on my phone.

No worries! I reckon the next RS4 will be excellent. Love the interior on the new A4 too.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
I drove most of the S and RS Audis recently.

Amazing cars and some of them are ridiculously fast in a straight line, but I doubt I'd ever buy one.

To be honest, I don't see the point in a big family wagon that can do 0-100 in less than 4 seconds.

But then again, I'm not the target market I guess.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
You want a proper wagon you have to buy Audi, I am already bored with my C63  :doh:

Don't say that... mine's just been shipped! :o

I wish I had the $$$ for an RS6. That's the ultimate, but I just couldn't get there this time around. Maybe the upcoming RS4, though it's a bit small for what I'd (sometimes) use it for., Actually, an FF would be perfect - but I'd still have the $$$ problem.

To be honest, I don't see the point in a big family wagon that can do 0-100 in less than 4 seconds.

Nor am I, really. Early 30's single male... I should be buying the C63 coupe, but I don't want to run out of space for my swag and golf clubs  :doh:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I agree they seem a contradiction in terms.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
The appeal (to me anyway) is one car that can do it all. As a surfer the idea of a very fast wagon you can throw the boards in is very appealing. Just a small matter of the 200k required!

Love the FF too, and we all know what happens to prices of four seat Ferraris, so sit tight and a literal screaming bargain could be yours in a few years time!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Online Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Don't say that... mine's just been shipped! :o

I wish I had the $$$ for an RS6. That's the ultimate, but I just couldn't get there this time around. Maybe the upcoming RS4, though it's a bit small for what I'd (sometimes) use it for., Actually, an FF would be perfect - but I'd still have the $$$ problem.

Nor am I, really. Early 30's single male... I should be buying the C63 coupe, but I don't want to run out of space for my swag and golf clubs  :doh:

Don't worry I am sure you will enjoy it, I use mine daily, close to 8000 km already and the fact that the car isn't as smooth as my old DD gets to me sometimes, the thing which I dislike the most is the weight of the steering at low speed in Sports +

I like to drive it in sports + which hardens the steering wheel, which is nice if you are on it but if you just want to cruise or have to manoeuvre in tight spaces gets annoying fairly quickly. I've tried driving in comfort but it feels very sluggish, there isn't much in between.

Did I mention the gearbox? LOL at times going into 1st it clunks so loudly you think you are in a Ford pickup truck, the ZF in the RS6 is a fantastic box, the Benz box isn't up to par IMO.

Having said all of the above I wouldn't be concerned, I read thousands of reviews and most people love it, the car is fun but it's build for silly times  :D if that makes sense, it was a mistake buying one as a DD.

The RS6 is really the ultimate uber wagon, I didn't buy one because it's bigger than I need daily but if the new RS4 isn't up to par I will get a RS6 and dump the C63.

The bonus with my C63 is that they are bringing me a brand new one in Feb 16, if I decide to sell it I will be selling a brand new one.

Online Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I drove most of the S and RS Audis recently.

Amazing cars and some of them are ridiculously fast in a straight line, but I doubt I'd ever buy one.

If you are used to big HP these wagons are the ideal DD, you don't have to use all of the power all the time but you know it's on tap when you need it, as part of the package you are getting better brakes better suspension which by default leads to increased handling and braking along with the power which enables you to zip in and out, I wouldn't daily drive anything else to be honest, also if this is your only car you will also have a great weekend toy  :D

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I have been eyeing off RS4's and RS6's recently

I'd like to downsize from the SUV but still have enough room to chuck power tools in the back and a ladder on the roof.

the audi RS line in my opinion are under rated