Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
I'm disappointed the Touring rumour turns out not to be true. I drove an M4 very briefly yesterday and liked it.
That's surprising to hear about the M4 as almost all the articles I have read didn't give it a great review.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That's surprising to hear about the M4 as almost all the articles I have read didn't give it a great review.

It seems to be rated as a 4.5 star car so I should feel OK at least. ;)

After owning a couple of M5s that the press loved and I didn't, I'm wary of reviews on M cars. One thing I'm sure of though is that the current 3 series is a nicely sized car and size makes a big difference for enjoying a road car.

I might try the M4/M3 on a longer drive and see. This one was very short - 5km.

Offline mtarone

Having driven the e92 M3 and the F80 and F82 M3/M4 at Philip Island, I can't really understand the negative reviews. The new car doesn't quite have the razor sharp throttle response of the e9X but is very predictable on turn in and well balanced in the corners. Yes you need the steering in comfort mode as Sport Plus feels too heavy but this is easily set with the M buttons. No different to me having to push the Sport button in the 911 when I get in each morning. It doesn't sound as good as the V8 but its a much better behaved car; the old DCT could get quite jerky in traffic and the engine was very rough on cold start up, better interior, good size, more torque and it felt much quicker around PI (although I have no data to back that up). From memory, I think I got up to 238 or 240 km/h indicated on the main straight, alvchua may well have been faster as he was there as well on that day. For those craving a better exhaust sound, the M Performance exhaust sounds great to my ears.

Anyway, I'm considering one so take what I've written above with a grain of salt and go for a test drive yourselves:)

Offline TJB

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia

Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
A couple more renders...

I much prefer that to the Merc.

Pity if they're not going to make them.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I much prefer that to the Merc.

Pity if they're not going to make them.

Yep I'd gladly have one of those.
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

You want a proper wagon you have to buy Audi, I am already bored with my C63  :doh:

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
You want a proper wagon you have to buy Audi, I am already bored with my C63  :doh:

Is that the brand new c63 Fortis or the previous model ?
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

do you mind comparing the 2?

I hope you don't have the same buyers regret with the GT4