Offline wheeladdicts

Lets get some mods on her!

I just posted some pics under my section sowing Vorsteiners new front bumper and trunk lid, wheels, bmw performance seats, etc...

check it out

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Lets get some mods on her!

I just posted some pics under my section sowing Vorsteiners new front bumper and trunk lid, wheels, bmw performance seats, etc...

check it out
Very nice but unfortunately, I'm a real stock sort of bloke, maybe a set of wheels but some very nice stuff & some great photo's, especially the second shot. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Offline CortinaD

Very nice but unfortunately, I'm a real stock sort of bloke, maybe a set of wheels but some very nice stuff & some great photo's, especially the second shot. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

It needs to be lowered without question.

Offline M308

• Degranged

It needs to be lowered without question.

I'm nervous going over speed humps now :scared: Those days of suspension, exhausts, kits etc........over for me. I thought it was quite low to begin with :scratchchin:

Offline wheeladdicts

haha I have to be the devil on the shoulder...its my job :)

on a more serious note if you decide to lower it the springs i would recommend are (least of a drop to most):

dinan
eibach
h&r
rd sport (i have these and they are great...still no rubbing on speed bumps)

enjoy the car...i have an alpine white e90 m3 as well and it is great! good choice on the manual tranny!

Offline M308

• Degranged

on a more serious note if you decide to lower it the springs i would recommend are (least of a drop to most):

dinan
eibach
h&r

enjoy the car...i have an alpine white e90 m3 as well and it is great! good choice on the manual tranny!

oooooooohhhhhh............keep going, you may have me in the future :D

Offline CortinaD

I'm nervous going over speed humps now :scared: Those days of suspension, exhausts, kits etc........over for me. I thought it was quite low to begin with :scratchchin:

I doubt you would have have trouble knocking an inch out of it, just get it to the top of the tyre.  Oh and don't forget tinting either.

Offline 98octane

dinan
eibach
h&r

Congratulations GRANGE350.  Car looks brilliant.  Look forward to Dave's pics.

Slightly OT:

Let me say upfront, I think ADV1's wheels look great.  But it seems to me that Aussies generally don't really like modified exotics/Euro cars as much as our US friends.

I think the M3 in that photo with ADV1 wheels looks great, but it doesn't look any better than a stock car (except tinting).  Why would anyone pay $1000s for new wheels that don't look any better than stock wheels?  IMHO stock M3 wheels all look excellent, so why change them? This also applies to modern Ferrari, Lambo, 911 and AMG wheels.

Surely the answer can't be individuality, because you wouldn't want to be uglier than all other swans in the lake just to be different from them.  Also consider that the more people modify their cars, the less "unique" each modified car becomes (i.e. all swans become uglier).

Offline M308

• Degranged

Oh and don't forget tinting either.

:thumbsup:

Congratulations GRANGE350.  Car looks brilliant.  Look forward to Dave's pics.

Slightly OT:

Let me say upfront, I think ADV1's wheels look great.  But it seems to me that Aussies generally don't really like modified exotics/Euro cars as much as our US friends.

Thanks mate & I do agree with your comment 100%, Aussie's are just not in to euro modifications as much as the US is!

Offline wheeladdicts

There are many in the US who share your view on aftermarket wheels, but there are also many who dont. I think it just comes down to the number of cars over here. The odds of someone liking modifications is higher. For example there are about 7 M3's within a square mile from me, but only 2 have any mods...

In the end it all depends on the person.

Sorry for the thread jack...back on topic!

#1 upgrade brake fluid and pads they are the weak point on the M3.
#2 get that car on the track it is brilliantly balanced and you will gain more from the experience than any one mod