Offline NBTBRV8

I love the M3 it's a great car but a C63 has that noise.......that's what makes it a stand out for the general public....the pretty girl gets the attention the plain one who is a quality item does not.

What I struggle with with MB products is the bland interiors.  There is just minimal styling and some of the materials looks second rate.  Yes the C63 sounds good, but that doesn't swing it as much as great functional styling when you sit in it to give it a special place to be.  That is what BMW are very good at.  I will say though that other than the new 6 series, the majority of the BMW range's external styling isn't 100% cohesive with me.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Are they still making the 6.2 litre C63? The donor car is being replaced, after all.

Not sure but what I'm saying is I took the M3 out with a mate a couple of years ago, quality build , tight and excellent all round BUT when we took the C63 out as soon as you touch the gas you start to laugh, it's that responsive and the noise is just so good.

Very hard to say no to the C63 unless you are a "driver" and appreciate the features of the M3.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
What I struggle with with MB products is the bland interiors.  There is just minimal styling and some of the materials looks second rate.  Yes the C63 sounds good, but that doesn't swing it as much as great functional styling when you sit in it to give it a special place to be.  That is what BMW are very good at.  I will say though that other than the new 6 series, the majority of the BMW range's external styling isn't 100% cohesive with me.
my experience with my C63 was awesome sound, awesome engine, but could never get traction!

Agree - I love the 6 series - almost worth considering 2nd hand M6 over a new M4!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Many is the time I've seen a BMW in a yard and thought it was special UNTIL you walk up close and see the interior, it's crap and must last only a week after it leaves the showroom, lets the car down....badly.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Many is the time I've seen a BMW in a yard and thought it was special UNTIL you walk up close and see the interior, it's crap and must last only a week after it leaves the showroom, lets the car down....badly.

Are you comparing to MB?  Or to Lexus?  Or to something else? Have you been into a BMW showroom lately?  I'm not disagreeing with you but it's all about what you are comparing it to.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Are you comparing to MB?  Or to Lexus?  Or to something else? Have you been into a BMW showroom lately?  I'm not disagreeing with you but it's all about what you are comparing it to.

I'm not comparing it to anything but just noting that the interior of the BM does not last and lets the car down.

When new no problem but give it a year or 2 and for some reason it just looks crap.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm not comparing it to anything but just noting that the interior of the BM does not last and lets the car down.

Which model/year are we talking about?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Which model/year are we talking about?

Every model I've seen, M5 M3 mainly but others as well.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

its the plastique or lack of quality in comparison to other comparable vehicles, BMW have dated interiors
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Every model I've seen, M5 M3 mainly but others as well.

I give up.