Offline Steve355F1

• Drives: 355F1 GTS
My DD is a 7 year old 3 series wagon and my wife's is an '11 3 convertible.

Both cars interiors have held up very well; still look good and no squeaks, rattles or issues of any kind.
(Despite me throwing the dogs in the back of the wagon every day and not really looking after either of the cars especially well).

I agree the interiors look a bit dated compared to some other makes but I think that is done deliberately.
Understated, but still with the modern high-tech stuff hidden away rather than in your face.

I think Audi interiors are nicely done but in the end they all do the same thing and the look and feel is probably personal preference more than actual quality difference.

Offline hydie

Lets use some pictures.

Lets compare a 2011 MB GL350 to an equivalent 2012 X5.

Personally the MB interiors do nothing for me. They even still use the left foot park brake and pull leaver to disengage. Not to mention the UI for the command centres.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
As much as I love the look of the new M3 sedan I think at 160k plus options you're in the middle of Maserati Ghibli territory. While the M3 will no doubt be the better drive by some considerable margin there is just something about that Ghibli...

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

As much as I love the look of the new M3 sedan I think at 160k plus options you're in the middle of Maserati Ghibli territory. While the M3 will no doubt be the better drive by some considerable margin there is just something about that Ghibli...

I like the look of that. More a 5-Series competitor though isn't it? And more luxury than M or AMG?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Lets use some pictures.

Lets compare a 2011 MB GL350 to an equivalent 2012 X5.

Personally the MB interiors do nothing for me. They even still use the left foot park brake and pull leaver to disengage. Not to mention the UI for the command centres.

I just spent 10 minutes looking for pics and then I see it's already been done :doh:

Yes the BM looks much better than the Merc in those.

I've been prejudiced by some I've seen in the past, I think it's mainly the black interiors in the sedans that seems to wear early.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

Now that is a stunning car, take off the badges, take out the electrics/ drive train and insert German…..you get a great car

Why couldn't BMW or Benz design a car like that
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline JBO

I like the look of that. More a 5-Series competitor though isn't it? And more luxury than M or AMG?

In price point alone it makes a compelling case against the M3 I think.
But yes the Ghibli 5 series in size and not as focussed as an M or AMG product.
More of a gentleman's car...and therefore utterly irrelevant to AE forum members!!!!!
Perhaps I should delete the pic...!!!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
In price point alone it makes a compelling case against the M3 I think.
But yes the Ghibli 5 series in size and not as focussed as an M or AMG product.
More of a gentleman's car...and therefore utterly irrelevant to AE forum members!!!!!
Perhaps I should delete the pic...!!!

Its not irrelevant, some of us are over 40
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline JBO

So am I, but I'm no gentleman...!!!