Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Someone here should fit a really loud exhaust to an M5.  I should have and now it is too late.  Don't let this happen to you.  :D

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Someone here should fit a really loud exhaust to an M5.  I should have and now it is too late.  Don't let this happen to you.  :D

lol...oh that's just cruel!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

you need to stand on the side of the road & let someone drive your car   :)

Heh, I thought about it when I let you drive my car from Meadows to Hahndorf...then thought you might have just kept going and forget to pick me up  :p

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Definately, your oppinion will change once you hear a drive by :D

At the last track day, YSS took my car out for a fast lap and I stood by the stands at Turn 1...thought that my car actually sounded decent but could do with a bit more volume. Loved the sound as it went round Turn 2 and it punched through down Pit straight  :thumbsup: ...just need a bit more volume  :D

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Well, I'm pretty keen to get this 2nd hand Dinan exhaust...but the seller has stopped replying to my emails  :? oh well....

Offline Aircon

At the last track day, YSS took my car out for a fast lap and I stood by the stands at Turn 1...thought that my car actually sounded decent but could do with a bit more volume. Loved the sound as it went round Turn 2 and it punched through down Pit straight  :thumbsup: ...just need a bit more volume  :D

buy a ferrari

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

buy a ferrari

no way....Porsche is my next target car, seriously. A black M5 and a black 996/997 GT3 in my garage...how cool would that be  :D ...target 1-2 yrs.. :scratchchin:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The M5 exhaust does sound good from outside but yeah a bit more is needed.  I saw an ad in a UK car mag (CAR or EVO) just the other day for improving the sound of the E60 M5.  From memory they were asking about 1000 pounds for a new rear muffler kit.  I'll see if I can find it.

Offline Aircon

no way....Porsche is my next target car, seriously. A black M5 and a black 996/997 GT3 in my garage...how cool would that be  :D ...target 1-2 yrs.. :scratchchin:

well.....if you're trying to chase a good sound....you're barking up the wrong tree!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

well.....if you're trying to chase a good sound....you're barking up the wrong tree!

After listening to YSS's modded exhaust compared to his brothers stock GT3 exhaust, YSS's sounds really really good. So it could be achieved with the Porsche.

As much as I'm chasing a good sound, handling and thrill factor is still #1 priority for the 2nd car...plus I can't afford a Ferrari as a 2nd car  :scared: even in 1-2 years time an F430 would cost just under $300k?