Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

Hey, remember that shudder prob I had? Well, they changed the castor rods/bushes and adjusted the steering box and the prob went away.....until I took it for a spirited drive and after the brakes get warm, I get shudder again on braking. Before, it used to do it just driving without braking.  It's not the rotors as I have changed them over with a spare set and it still does it. Any clues where to look now?

(ash edit: removed irrelevant quote)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Hey, remember that shudder prob I had? Well, they changed the castor rods/bushes and adjusted the steering box and the prob went away.....until I took it for a spirited drive and after the brakes get warm, I get shudder again on braking. Before, it used to do it just driving without braking.  It's not the rotors as I have changed them over with a spare set and it still does it. Any clues where to look now?

If what you say is correct, then there must be something wrong with the TCA (track control arm/caster rods)  bushes or steering box again, or you have warped BOTH sets of brakes... Are you using genuine parts? You don't have to but it might help...

Maybe the brake mounting hubs are warped or got dirt under... get it hot, then measure run out of the discs.... carefully!

Bottom line... if it shudders when braking its a brake problem, if it shudders when driving its NOT a brake problem... maybe you have two problems.

Offline beama

If what you say is correct, then there must be something wrong with the TCA (track control arm/caster rods)  bushes or steering box again, or you have warped BOTH sets of brakes... Are you using genuine parts? You don't have to but it might help...

Maybe the brake mounting hubs are warped or got dirt under... get it hot, then measure run out of the discs.... carefully!

Bottom line... if it shudders when braking its a brake problem, if it shudders when driving its NOT a brake problem... maybe you have two problems.

Thanks for that, I relaced all 4 rotors with spares. Rears are OEM but the fronts are bigger than normal and also using AP 6 pot calipers. I'll try your other suggestions. This is giving me the shits, until its fixed,I can't get any practice in.

• Soap Dodger

but the fronts are bigger than normal and also using AP 6 pot calipers.

AAAAGGHHH!

Only half the info supplied!

Are the brakes fitted correctly.. the caliper position and DOR is critical. Are the pistons all the same size or are there big/small?

Upgrading the brakes has several knock on effects... you can only stop as well as your tyre will let you, upgrading the tyre and brakes will overload the suspension components. Depending on the design, this can be dangerous.

How much caster/camber do you have?

Are the suspesnion bushes all stock, or upgraded too?

• Soap Dodger

I gotta go out for a few hours. Back later!

Offline beama

Offline beama

The brake set up per se should be ok as I have been using it for years.

Offline beama

The brake set up per se should be ok as I have been using it for years.

The Ap calipers have 3 different size pistons and the calipers had new seals put on just before last Rally Tas in Feb
Castor is not adjustable and I'm running -2.5 camber. All suspension bushes etc are the same as they have been for a long time.

Offline beama

Ash, sorry for the OT, feel free to take them out of here and whack them somewhere else.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
you can only stop as well as your tyre will let you,

lol
I love my car. Buy your own