• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Paulstar

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I don't agree, it is a stupid test.

Did anyone here actually think the M5 Twin Turbo V8 would loose to the Merc NA, the Porsche NA and the Jag supercharged?

Lets see it against a Panamera Turbo S  :D

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I don't agree, it is a stupid test.

Did anyone here actually think the M5 Twin Turbo V8 would loose to the Merc NA, the Porsche NA and the Jag supercharged?

Lets see it against a Panamera Turbo S  :D

The Merc isn't NA, it's a turbo. The Turbo S Panamera is in a different price bracket to the other cars.

FWIW, the M5 is faster from 100-200km/h than the Panamera Turbo S - according to German rag AM+S.

Edit in bold. :o

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Went out in a currect M5 recently, seemed to tick all the boxes, it's very fast but apart from that it doesn't have anything about it that appeals.

BM's especially the interiors seem to date too quickly and they just seem old before their time.

Adaptive seats that grab you going round corners are stupid, AMG seats much better.

But in a straight line 500+ HP is powerful.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

As far as super sedans go, the M5 is probably only second or third to the Panamera Turbo and Turbo S, which are around $150k++ more than the M5! Having said that, I personally find a used Panamera Turbo more appealing than a new M5.

Have not seen the video though. Does it show the M5 doing a sub 4?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Adaptive seats that grab you going round corners are stupid, AMG seats much better.

My AMG seats do pretty much the same thing.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Ahh i thought the AMG tested was the old engine. My bad.

Value for money ( well I should say more value than the rest) for sure the M5 by a mile.

I absolutely love the panamera, but I'm weird, I also like the cayenne turbos and 911 turbos and 924's 944 and 928's for some reason.

I also would rather a 2nd hand panamera turbo over a new M5. Let's face it the panamera turbo 6 months old turns out to be the same price as a new M5.   M5 is an awesome car and always has been, but I just find them boring, much like the R35, years a head of it's time but just too boring for me.   

The jag wins in the looks department by a mile though, the poms have got their car right for the first time since the e-type

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

The Panamera has a major weakness though.. its front seats are NOT COMFORTABLE! In comparison to the BMW or Merc, Porsche stuffed up this one IMHO. When I was looking at swapping my 997 Turbo for a Panamera S, this was a major turn off. Then I jumped into the the current Cayenne and fell in love... rest is history :)

M5 seats will be comfy and sporty at the same time. If it's anything like the E60 M5 seats, or better, then that's a major feature.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

My AMG seats do pretty much the same thing.

I left mine off all the time in the E60 M5. It was annoying.