Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

only been up to 255kmh in another BMW 5-series (speed limited)..I was more at ease than what I had anticipated, but still anxious as things around you just get really blurry  :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I had 270 showing on my M5 in the NT in 2006.   Scud hit the limiter in my car at around that speed so I guess I was maxed out too.  I was hanging on too tight to know.  I had nearly 300 showing on the Gallardo in 05 but given the greater speedo error, it probably wasn't going much faster than the BMW.  Both cars felt pretty stable but the concentration needed was something else.

One of my strongest motoring memories of the first trip is of us on the road heading north from Erldunda going back to Alice on the Monday cruising easy at 200 - 250 with headlights on and passing cars and camper vans with grinning tourists hanging out the windows waiting for the next Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche to come blasting by. It looked a mighty sight.

Ah, happy days........:D

I feel sorry for my future grandchildren.  They are going to be bored silly with NT stories from me.  :p

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Smart ForTwo
  • Name: Peter
They are going to be bored silly with NT stories from me.  :p

don't worry...they'll probably bore you with the stories of their first trips to outer space and cracking twice the speed of sound!

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

I had 270 showing on my M5 in the NT in 2006.   Scud hit the limiter in my car at around that speed so I guess I was maxed out too.  I was hanging on too tight to know.  I had nearly 300 showing on the Gallardo in 05 but given the greater speedo error, it probably wasn't going much faster than the BMW.  Both cars felt pretty stable but the concentration needed was something else.

One of my strongest motoring memories of the first trip is of us on the road heading north from Erldunda going back to Alice on the Monday cruising easy at 200 - 250 with headlights on and passing cars and camper vans with grinning tourists hanging out the windows waiting for the next Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche to come blasting by. It looked a mighty sight.

Ah, happy days........:D

I feel sorry for my future grandchildren.  They are going to be bored silly with NT stories from me.  :p

Yep, 270 speedo reading is what I got without the delimiter which is pretty consistent. If they reverse the speed limit laws up there (ha ha) , will be getting the delimiter activated again and see if the beast can actually get the extra 20kmph I felt it had left when I backed off at 310 the previous year.

It was certainly some fun up there. I particularly like that helicopter vid you guys did in 05 showing the cars leap-frogging to the tune of "I like the way you move"....top stuff! Don't forget to tell the grandkids about camel spotting at 200+ clicks. :)

Offline YSS

Mine had 21" Hartge wheels, lowered and upgraded springs, Hartge sport export mufflers and tips, Hartge front spoiler and rear diffuser, custom strut top camber plates for the track only, Michelin Pilot sport cup tyres on OE wheels for the track, speed delimiter - see short vid that Ash will have for NT couple years ago.

what a hot car - well done.  love it!