Offline Barry911

Ok, it's not officially revealed until Jan in US, but what sort of $ and performance will we really going to see in Aus?  I keep reading 0-100 at4.5sec, that's only 0.1 sec faster than current with dsg box, is that progress over the v8!  Even the new macan with sport chrono will do a 4.6!!  Surely it will need to be somewhere in the 4.1-4.3 zone to make an impact with all high spec cars now around from Merc, porsche, audi etc.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Has BMW ever been about the 0-100 times?

They're relevant, but just part of being a 'drivers' car
C'mon, do it!

Offline Barry911

Agree, but still don't like the idea of an entry level amg 'a' class leaving me at the lights ;)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Agree, but still don't like the idea of an entry level amg 'a' class leaving me at the lights ;)

Fair call, just pretend to be interesting in talking to the required trophy wife in the pax seat!   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline Barry911

Offline mtarone

I read an interview somewhere that said around 4.3, but who knows. Lets what until we see some real numbers rather than manufacturer specs. Given they've tried to put this car on a diet, I'd be more interested in the handling characteristics, and how smoothly the power is delivered to the wheels. It'll be hard to beat the sound of the V8 though  :D

Since you didn't ask, my tip is to save yourself money and the wait and get an e90/e92 M3.

But I'm biased.   :)

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I still struggle with the fact this hasnt been out for 2 years already.
Some time ago I saw a new M3 belonging to someone here and incorrectly assumed it was the v6 turbo.

Its been years since it was revealed the V8 would go, and the F10 M5 has been out since 2011.
One would think they would want the M3/M4 out early in the platform lifecycle to maximise profits.
Theres a risk it will look dated by the time it gets here, as the look upon which its based is years old already.

Offline Barry911

Agreed.  The new Merc c63 due next year may steal some customers that BMW could lock in now.  I get the whole weight and handling thing, which is great when on track but a little less meaningful in day to day duties when you have a TT v8 Merc on your tail (or next to you at a set of light)