Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
The guys on Fchat (360/430 section) revere the CS so maybe I should look at one of those sometime.

I love it too, but my problem with it is that apart from feeling much more raw because of the lack of sound-proofing (you can hear every stone-chip and vibration and rattle) it's just outclassed in every way by the F430 - well, apart from looks which over time (now that I can tell the difference :? ) I've decided I like the 360 shape better.  You'd really have to be in love with the CS specifically and looking for a more raw experience to choose one over an F430.

The Vantage is too much in the 911 mould to be of real interest though.

Just much better looking and don't forget that noise!  Never spent time in an AM so can't comment on the car itself.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

The Vantage cannot be an option. It sounds good, but the looks are too bland and what's with the cheap looking telephone antenna??!! Ride wise, I've been in a DB9 around Mallala and I think my 550i would give it a good run for its money, so compared to Marks M5...pfftt..

I like the 360CS or 430 idea though...preferring the latter.

goober

The Vantage cannot be an option. It sounds good, but the looks are too bland and what's with the cheap looking telephone antenna??!! Ride wise, I've been in a DB9 around Mallala and I think my 550i would give it a good run for its money, so compared to Marks M5...pfftt..

I like the 360CS or 430 idea though...preferring the latter.
360CS for look and grunt factor, 430 for hairdresser factor IMHHO

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I like the 360CS or 430 idea though...preferring the latté.

Fixed. :)

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Fixed. :)

...i don't get it  :confused: why latte?

BTW, what is the definition of a 'hair dressers car'? I thought it was for convertibles... :scratchchin:

goober

BTW, what is the definition of a 'hair dressers car'? I thought it was for convertibles... :scratchchin:
when bug stomper says its a HD car, then it is.

latte = park outside cafe in rundle st and look the tool

goober

a HD car is a non bug stomper car, could you ever imagine ripley running around LV426 in a HD car--- nope she had the ducks guts car

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Coz there seem to be more HD spec F430s than anything - not that I blame them, but on a demographic scale it says something.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Just much better looking and don't forget that noise!  Never spent time in an AM so can't comment on the car itself.

It's a looker all right but remember that Top Gear episode in the Isle of Man with the 911, the Vantage and the M6?  The Vantage was nowhere near as quick down the road as the Porsche.  There's not a lot of point buying a weekend toy that is less than the DD as a driving experience.

I hear what you are saying about the CS compared to the F430 but I keep reading of these guys who have both but rate the CS as a keeper and the F430 as a disposable product.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

It's a looker all right but remember that Top Gear episode in the Isle of Man with the 911, the Vantage and the M6?  The Vantage was nowhere near as quick down the road as the Porsche.  There's not a lot of point buying a weekend toy that is less than the DD as a driving experience.

Yeah well that's where it comes down to personal flavour - and why I'm still rapt with old slow cars which are fun to drive without jail-time speeds.  If the driving dynamics on the porker are so much better than the AM (which I assume it likely is) then the choice is clear - but outright speed is low on my personal list of priorities.

I hear what you are saying about the CS compared to the F430 but I keep reading of these guys who have both but rate the CS as a keeper and the F430 as a disposable product.

The CS is a much more special car to be in - you can't help but feel a lot closer to the original reason for Ferraris existence compared to the F430 which - as sensational as it is - has the same "modern-high-end-car" feel to it.  Will be interesting to see what the office of the Scuderia is like.