goober

It's a looker all right but remember that Top Gear episode in the Isle of Man with the 911, the Vantage and the M6?  The Vantage was nowhere near as quick down the road as the Porsche.  There's not a lot of point buying a weekend toy that is less than the DD as a driving experience.

I hear what you are saying about the CS compared to the F430 but I keep reading of these guys who have both but rate the CS as a keeper and the F430 as a disposable product.

correct

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Just much better looking and don't forget that noise!  Never spent time in an AM so can't comment on the car itself.

I'm in the other camp.  I've still never piloted a Porsche, but there's something special with the AM.

I'm back in it again next week, and really looking forward to it.

I know parts of it feel/look a little cheap, and its got "Volvo" stamped in the plastic of the wing mirrors, but there's just something about it.

I guess it helps that its not all about speed for me too.

goober

I guess it helps that its not all about speed for me too.
yes we can tell the kiddies in africa and the bear in the zoo can sometimes pre occupy the mind :)

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
yes we can tell the kiddies in africa and the bear in the zoo can sometimes pre occupy the mind :)

I'm offended now - I think I'll have to go hug a tree or something.   :D :D

goober

I'm offended now - I think I'll have to go hug a tree or something.   :D :D
well i'm bug stomper and we endanger species

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
well...i've never driven a CS..but i've driven a 430.

for me, a 430 is too soft...but the engine is magnificent.

the CS would be like my ch, i imagine...but even better.

that's how it goes with technology...then next one's always better.

i'd rather have a CS than a 430, but the CS would have to be significantly cheaper....it's the older model and slower.

the scud is the next generation CS, and will be head and shoulders above the CS like the 430 is to the 360.

in a few years time the scud will be 300k...so a CS is worth less than that IMO.

i'm just rambling...i have no idea what i'm talking about, really

I love my car. Buy your own

goober

well...i've never driven a CS..but i've driven a 430.

for me, a 430 is too soft...but the engine is magnificent.

that's how it goes with technology...then next one's always better.

i'd rather have a CS than a 430, but the CS would have to be significantly cheaper....it's the older model and slower.

the scud is the next generation CS, and will be head and shoulders above the CS like the 430 is to the 360.

in a few years time the scud will be 300k...so a CS is worth less than that IMO.

i'm just rambling...i have no idea what i'm talking about, really

yes but hilly pughes reckons the 360CH is a death trap and he has done 107400km testing in or on it..

i much prefer the 360CS to the 430, correct in that the 430 is soft (limp dick really), having driven the 355ch its a quick car and good for targa stuff, its not as quick as the 360CH, but i would like to try the 360CS in a targa stage, it would be a hoot, especially now in the knowledge that the crankshaft can come inside the car if i hit a tree in reverse at a gizzillion kph, or worse still i could acidentally run over an illegal alien and write the car off completely

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

What's the interior ride/feel like compared to a normal 355? (performance notwithstanding)

The one thing that really struck me about the CS though was just how bare it seemed - I mean as far as interior goes it pretty much is exactly half way between the 360 and the Challenge.  The CS doesn't creak and rattle and groan and isn't as hard sprung as the Challenge, but it appears to have zero soundproofing apart from maybe 25% at the rear - so the difference in cabin noise between the 3 is remarkable, but the CS is much closer to the Challenge than it is to the Modena.  That's what will always give it an amazing racecar-like feel.

You kind of get an idea of the medium-high speed stuff in this vid:
---> http://aussieexotics.com/videos/challenge-stradale-hunts-lamborghini-gallardo-6049

I have another vid somewhere at home where we are cruising at traffic speeds and you can just continuously hear stones and shit tinkling into the undercarriage and wheel wells.

goober

What's the interior ride/feel like compared to a normal 355? (performance notwithstanding)

The one thing that really struck me about the CS though was just how bare it seemed - I mean as far as interior goes it pretty much is exactly half way between the 360 and the Challenge.  The CS doesn't creak and rattle and groan and isn't as hard sprung as the Challenge, but it appears to have zero soundproofing apart from maybe 25% at the rear - so the difference in cabin noise between the 3 is remarkable, but the CS is much closer to the Challenge than it is to the Modena.  That's what will always give it an amazing racecar-like feel.

You kind of get an idea of the medium-high speed stuff in this vid:
---> http://aussieexotics.com/videos/challenge-stradale-hunts-lamborghini-gallardo-6049

I have another vid somewhere at home where we are cruising at traffic speeds and you can just continuously hear stones and shit tinkling into the undercarriage and wheel wells.

that sound is of crushed bugs

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

significantly different....but both good

I love my car. Buy your own