Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

:bump:

This topic just seemed to... stop.

So what is the case now, is the M5 going to stay and do CA again or are you still throwing a few ideas around? :scratchchin:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I've still got the M5 but I find the 911, due to its handy size and nicer feel, makes a better commuter.... and a better weekend sportscar.... and a better tourer.  The M5 is good for taking extra kids to Robe on long weekends but that's about it.  I still like it though.

I'm thinking about the new Gallardo, but I somehow prefer the stripped out look of the Superleggera.  And I'd like a low mileage Challenge Stradale to come on the market.  Also, there is a year old LP640 that will be for sale soon....

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
So you never answered any of the questions about the SL - you must be holding out for the others you mentioned...  As for the LP, I can't even remember where I heard but yeah I think some ink is getting wet on a Roadster so the one here should be available very soon - of course you probably know much more about that than I do.

As far as CS's go - I really think you'd have to chase the market on that one.  The few I've seen listed over the last year have been big $, so you'd just have to let it be known you're open to it and let them come to you.  Just remember they're a big step beyond a normal Modena for getting around in - the noise and rubble-hits are 10x more noticable so it feel a much more raw car, if it's just a weekender and you keep the 911 it would be perfect though.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

So you never answered any of the questions about the SL

The SL was hard to critique on a 10 min drive.  The new Gallardo looks nice but a little bling with the chrome wheels and LED running lights etc. 

if it's just a weekender and you keep the 911 it would be perfect though.

Yeah, just a weekender.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
The SL was hard to critique on a 10 min drive.

Thought you still might get enough feedback compared other G's to know pretty well which ways it was different.  Dunno - I can only imagine from experiencing the differences between 360/CS/CH that the SL would be somewhere between the 360 and CS as far as rawness goes - but the Lamborghini is a very aloof car by nature, so I can't imagine it ever feeling really racey.

The new Gallardo looks nice but a little bling with the chrome wheels and LED running lights etc. 

I'd lose the wheels for Calisto's stat.

Yeah, just a weekender.

Time to post a couple gunna threads... :)  The money being asked for the CS is difficult to quantify - they were spectacularly expensive having a massive overhead compared to the "consumer" 360 - but does that matter now?  Probably not.  (went to research current prices and ferrari challenge stradale for sale comes back here :? )

Don't seem to be any for sale online atm - but last one I saw was $400k... regular Modenas are going for as low as $200k - I think a CS is "worth" $300k tops.