Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael
Hi Guy's,

Wondering if anyone could give me suggestions/opinions on the matter. I currently drive a Nissan 370z and looking to change over the car. I've had my Zed for almost 3 years now and have just covered 93,000kms (I absolutely love driving, especially if I ever have time to feel bored lol). I have been quite passionate about the BMW brand since a young(er) boy (now 25). My two previous cars were E46 Coupe and E92 Coupe. I've read almost every review on the new M135i and am quite keen for a closer look and test drive. My local dealer told me they are a couple of weeks away from getting a demo but can't sell it straight away. My issues are with the looks of the car! It's certainly not the prettiest car out, but I have driven other cars from the competition but none have made me feel worthy enough to spend my coin on....what to do? Also, my sister has just ordered the new Mercedes A250 with the AMG sports pack - due to be delivered in March but I know that's still a different kettle of fish compared to the M135i - still nice to have in the family though lol.

Any opinions would greatly be appreciated...I have no idea of what I should do!

Offline CortinaD

Hi Guy's,

Wondering if anyone could give me suggestions/opinions on the matter. I currently drive a Nissan 370z and looking to change over the car. I've had my Zed for almost 3 years now and have just covered 93,000kms (I absolutely love driving, especially if I ever have time to feel bored lol). I have been quite passionate about the BMW brand since a young(er) boy (now 25). My two previous cars were E46 Coupe and E92 Coupe. I've read almost every review on the new M135i and am quite keen for a closer look and test drive. My local dealer told me they are a couple of weeks away from getting a demo but can't sell it straight away. My issues are with the looks of the car! It's certainly not the prettiest car out, but I have driven other cars from the competition but none have made me feel worthy enough to spend my coin on....what to do? Also, my sister has just ordered the new Mercedes A250 with the AMG sports pack - due to be delivered in March but I know that's still a different kettle of fish compared to the M135i - still nice to have in the family though lol.

The M135i is only new and the dealers are all saying they are short on stock because of allocations and none are willing to move on the price. I'd hold out of the M135i as it is a weapon but you can get E92 M3 for around that money now give or take a few k. I'd go the E92.

Offline nuxi

The M135i is only new and the dealers are all saying they are short on stock because of allocations and none are willing to move on the price. I'd hold out of the M135i as it is a weapon but you can get E92 M3 for around that money now give or take a few k. I'd go the E92.

Thanks for that. The only thing that concerns me about an E92 M3 is that a lot of them around the $80k mark are quite high K's...that's a whole different issue for me altogether haha. Theres something about high k premium euro cars that scares me lol It's like I'm programmed to automatically disregard them, but I'd love to hear input on that because that's another option.

Offline mtarone

The m135 goes fast however lets be honest here, its ugly as sin and I think I recall it not having a limited slip diff? I could be wrong about that one.

I agree with CortinaD, a well kept e92 M3 would be a better option. If you are willing to wait a bit, when the new m3 comes out there will be a few people trying to move their e92's.

The v8 is practically bulletproof, I wouldn't be too scared of km's, more importantly that its been taken care of and serviced regularly.

Lastly, that v8 sounds absolutely amazing when you give it some beans, hmm sounds like I'm convincing myself here  :scratchchin:

Offline CortinaD

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Hi Guy's,

Not sure how much the  bm costs, but go check out the Audi a4 Quattro....I just got one and it's fantastic through the corners, with DSG paddle shift.....it's awesome, worth a look.
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
M135i looks to have all the cred on reviews etc but looks fugly! And this is coming from a BMW lover!!!

As for pricing - I bet dealers will not be moving much from sticker price for at least the next 6 months! I agree the E92 M3 is looking like a bloody good deal - all depends how many kms u travel a year and how long you intend to keep the car for but seeing as the next M3 is going back to a 6 cyl, there are many forum users who suggest that the V8 might be a special one to keep!

Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mtarone

all depends how many kms u travel a year and how long you intend to keep the car for but seeing as the next M3 is going back to a 6 cyl, there are many forum users who suggest that the V8 might be a special one to keep!

Completely agree with this. I've gotta say the e92 m3 will be a car I'll be closely looking at once the new m3 arrives.

Offline nuxi

Thanks for your opinions and feedback guys...even the old man is telling me to go for the M3! Haha it's a sign. Now that I'm looking at M3's, I would love a DCT but I'm not really fussed on manual either.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Thanks for your opinions and feedback guys...even the old man is telling me to go for the M3! Haha it's a sign. Now that I'm looking at M3's, I would love a DCT but I'm not really fussed on manual either.
Friend of mine is selling his. around 40kms, manual, white with a browny kinda red interior and with the carbon fibre roof. 2008 model. I can find out how much he wants if you are interested....you from Sydney?
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Aircon Today at 10:37
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY Horse Today at 10:15
[ Cars ] Stolen R8 mondi Today at 09:50
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes dodger Today at 09:30
[ British Cars ] RANGE ROVER AUTOBIOGRAPHY 5.0 LTR V8 SUPERCHARGED 360c Today at 09:06
[ Cars ] Spotted thread looney Today at 09:01
[ Porsche ] 991.2 GT3 Confirmed NBTBRV8 Today at 08:26
[ Trains, Planes and Automobiles - General chat. ] The airlines / airports / flying rant thread mhh Today at 08:09
[ Cars ] 911 R TJB Today at 01:37