Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
when i bought the 12,000km glass car i somehow set the bench mark for those things

now another bench mark has been set

makes 430ch's worth a hellova lot less

It's been a while; but my recollection is that you paid up for the glass 308? I would have too of course. Buy the best example, not the cheapest.

Buyers market for the old race cars. Nobody wants a car that is old enough to not be a front runner anymore; but not old enough to be collectible. Contrary to Phil's opinion the Ferrari GTs will never be collectible. They just make too many.
My only defence in buying mine was the 360 N-GT was the very first GT2 car they made. No idea what was to come and there was some vague hope at the time that there might be a potential upside. Doubt I would have done it if the timeline for purchase was recent.
You buy these for fun, nothing else IMHO.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
It's been a while; but my recollection is that you paid up for the glass 308? I would have too of course. Buy the best example, not the cheapest.

Buyers market for the old race cars. Nobody wants a car that is old enough to not be a front runner anymore; but not old enough to be collectible. Contrary to Phil's opinion the Ferrari GTs will never be collectible. They just make too many.
My only defence in buying mine was the 360 N-GT was the very first GT2 car they made. No idea what was to come and there was some vague hope at the time that there might be a potential upside. Doubt I would have done it if the timeline for purchase was recent.
You buy these for fun, nothing else IMHO.

yup, that was way back in 07……in todays money the GTB is cheap

The only reason I bought a 430GT3….the price has come down to a level that even if it drops 50% I haven't lost much. Buying a 458GT3 might get you up the pack, but spending over 5.5 to 600k where spending 100k or so and have the same fun.

And i would believe in the tooth fairy if I thought my 360ch or 430gt3 were to ever increase in price
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

response to FB ads thus far has been promising.

Deposit taken on the E28M5 today - should be heading to Melbourne!

and the e30m3…whats the story on that Alvin
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
and the e30m3…whats the story on that Alvin
still for sale for the moment. 69500 kms only - Euro spec, delivered and sold new in Japan where I imported it from. Car is on Vic Club rego due to the change in SA LHD rules - works out cheaper anyway!

Car colour is Hennarot which is a very popular limited production run colour from mid 80s - paintwork is still original right up to patina developing on rear bootlid where fibreglass spoiler meets boot.
No rust, no modifications, original factory BBS wheels, electric sunroof, uncracked dashboard which in itself is rare for any E30!

I'm chasing $45k which is probably a lot less than what it'll cost to source and import another - that's if u can still find such a low km in as good condition.

When I purchased the car, it had 2 aftermarket recaro seats in the front which I changed to OEM M-tech seats from a 325is. Interior trim is in the grey houndstooth fabric - I've had trouble sourcing original houndstooth fabric for the fronts - recently managed to buy NOS front houndstooth seat cover but only could get 1! - at present the front seats are in a grey tarton cloth trim.

Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Contrary to Phil's opinion the Ferrari GTs will never be collectible. They just make too many.
you're talking jibberish.
if you don't want to make the big money, sell it to him for more than it's worth now, and let him enjoy the spoils.

Offline alvchua

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Offline alvchua

i had 2 x E36 and 1 x E46

the sequential E36 was a heap of shit

I've only driven a manual E36 - was ok, not great but interior is extremely plasticky and dated IMO!

E46 M3 in SMG II - not my pick for daily commuting but they come into their own on a track day or in spirited drives through the hills. My current daily is an E46 M3 Vert with a fibreglass OEM hardtop - 6 speed manual - it is fantastic for commuting but would still pick the SMG II for spirited driving.

Offline alvchua

3 out of 5 gone
e30 M3 sold to goober! All whilst talking about a troll! ;-)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

3 out of 5 gone
e30 M3 sold to goober! All whilst talking about a troll! ;-)

Excellent!