Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Looking for a new daily come July and I quite like the look of both the X5 and X6.  Also considering the Touareg and may even stick with a Lexus as I've been so happy with it.

But should I decide to venture out what are the pros and cons of the X5 and X6 compared with each other?  Has anyone tried both out?

Offline schmik325

X6 has woeful vision and as standard is only a 4 seater.

X5 Is more popular and should also have slightly better resale, although there is a new model coming out soon

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

X6 has woeful vision and as standard is only a 4 seater.

X5 Is more popular and should also have slightly better resale, although there is a new model coming out soon

I did notice the lack of rear vision when I tried out the X6, last time I tried the X5 several years ago it felt huge and the diesel sounds like a ute at the lights.

I do like the "sporty" look of the X6 though, 4 seater not an issue for me.

Offline mtarone

You know my thoughts. :) go the X5, but remember I'm a BMW tragic so I'm somewhat biased! :)

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

You know my thoughts. :) go the X5, but remember I'm a BMW tragic so I'm somewhat biased! :)

It probably will be the X5 in the end as my boot's always full with most of my power tools and a tool box and the X6 is a bit smaller in the back compared to the X5. 

Next question, the 30d is plenty powerful, would the 40 and 50d be too much for a daily?

Offline CortinaD

It probably will be the X5 in the end as my boot's always full with most of my power tools and a tool box and the X6 is a bit smaller in the back compared to the X5. 

Next question, the 30d is plenty powerful, would the 40 and 50d be too much for a daily?

Get the M. No such thing as too much power :)

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Get the M. No such thing as too much power :)

double the price though and I recall 360c commenting that the X5M has silly power

Offline mtarone

You're probably the best judge of this but my thoughts are to get the 30d with the M style package which is on special at the moment.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I do like the "sporty" look of the X6 though, 4 seater not an issue for me.

If you don't need 4 seats, why bother with an overweight SUV? There's better cars out there if you aren't carrying kids around.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

If you don't need 4 seats, why bother with an overweight SUV? There's better cars out there if you aren't carrying kids around.

I do a lot of my own property maintenance and am very hands on with my property development so i always have a workshop full of tools in the boot

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home Dave_A Today at 07:12
[ Cars ] Stolen R8 allanuber Today at 06:20
[ Cars ] Maserati - The only Assetto Corsa in Australia ? allanuber Today at 05:53
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate allanuber Today at 05:42
[ Ferrari ] 458 Speciale shack Today at 05:12
[ Lamborghini ] Aventador SV SIV3 Yesterday at 23:25
[ Jaguar ] Jaguar XJ220 TomE Yesterday at 21:03
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Horse Yesterday at 15:23
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY 360c Yesterday at 13:33
[ Porsche ] 991.2 GT3 Confirmed NBTBRV8 Yesterday at 09:38