Offline M500

I am toying with the idea of getting the other half an X6 as a shpping trolley. Has anyone had any experiences with them? I am considering the Diesel because of the torque and the response from the turbo's.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Had the X6 diesel to test for 1.5 days. Was really keen about it after I test drove the 3.5lt petrol. However, I struggled to live with the 'diesel' feel of the car. It handled well and the torque was ample. The interior is average, but the seats are comfy. Rear seats headroom is too low. Reversing camera works well. Current I-drive is great. Driving position is position is good but the centre pillar got in the way too many times that it annoyed me... so after all of that, I went with the Cayenne.

Offline M500

Had the X6 diesel to test for 1.5 days. Was really keen about it after I test drove the 3.5lt petrol. However, I struggled to live with the 'diesel' feel of the car. It handled well and the torque was ample. The interior is average, but the seats are comfy. Rear seats headroom is too low. Reversing camera works well. Current I-drive is great. Driving position is position is good but the centre pillar got in the way too many times that it annoyed me... so after all of that, I went with the Cayenne.

Hey Aemel, long time no speak. I hope all is well with you.
Have you still got the M5?
Which Cayenne did you go for?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
...Current I-drive is great....

During my recent day with an Audi R8, I couldn't help but try to reconcile with my time with the iDrive system - and frankly, the iDrive I remember is just so stoopid by comparison.  Is the latest version er, um, better?

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Aemel....exacty what he said............. :thumbsup:
Always Gunna

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

All is well, thanks Justin  :thumbsup:

Still got the M5 but I'm putting it up for sale very soon.

Went for the Cayenne GTS, White with black interior.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

During my recent day with an Audi R8, I couldn't help but try to reconcile with my time with the iDrive system - and frankly, the iDrive I remember is just so stoopid by comparison.  Is the latest version er, um, better?

Though I never had any issues with the I-drive circa 2006, I would definitely say the current I-drive is an improvement. BTW, the system that I hate most at the moment is the PCM III on the Porsche.. though they make great cars, their UI sucks..

Offline M500

All is well, thanks Justin  :thumbsup:

Still got the M5 but I'm putting it up for sale very soon.

Went for the Cayenne GTS, White with black interior.

Is the Cayenne that much better? Nice choice re the GTS though, my distant-cousin just took delivery of a Black/ Black GTS and it looks and sounds fantastic.

What are the plans post M5?

Offline M500

I drove the X6 the other day with my polarised sunglasses on and the heads up display disappeared. Apparantly the display can't be seen through the polarisation. Anybody else had a simmilar experience with heads up?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I drove the X6 the other day with my polarised sunglasses on and the heads up display disappeared. Apparantly the display can be seen through the polarisation.

Can't?

Tilt head sideways and you'll see it. :faint:

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Maserati Gransport Keys outcruisen Today at 18:28
[ BMW M Power ] BMW 8 Series Concept TJB Today at 16:15
[ Cars ] Help Me to Find Best Wedding Reception Venues Sydney? HIolemis1 Today at 14:04
[ Racing ] Australian GT series tdc911 Today at 13:01
[ British Cars ] RR Cullinan 360c Today at 11:12
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees 360c Today at 01:02
[ Racing ] ADAC Nurburgring 24 Hours tdc911 Yesterday at 22:05
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S mhh Yesterday at 21:24
[ Off Topic ] Music amgsl55 Yesterday at 21:03
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! amgsl55 Yesterday at 19:37