Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Back at the British Motor Show in 2006, Arash Farbound presented a rough concept version (pictured above) of his upcoming Arash AF10, very little was made of it due to the rush job completed on the model, however over the last two years the British company have been busy preparing the full production model and thanks to a report by Car Magazine we can bring you some of the juicy details.

The LS7 7.0-liter V8 engine from the 2006 Corvette Z06 will provide the meat to drive the AF10, it is carefully and articulately placed in the mid positiion of the carbon fiber chassis. Touch ups to the air intakes and a new exhaust raise the total power output over the 530bhp mark. Put this together with a manual gearbox supplied by Ferrari Enzo supplier Graziano and a total dry weight of just 1200kg, we can expect a model boasting awesome performance. Arash also hope to upgrade the engine to the Corvette ZR1's LS9 power unit when General Motors make it available in around 12 months time.

An initial prototype will be unveiled to the public this Autumn before full production commences next summer, pricing will be in the region of £170,000 and they will have an annual production limit of 20 vehicles

In a couple of years, Arash will also add the AF8 to its portfolio, it will be based on the same chassis as the AF10, but only the LS7 engine will be available and dimensions will come in a little lower than its larger sibling.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
That makes me think of someone pinching up their lips trying not to puke or spray their drink. :thumbsdown:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That's the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time. 

Supercar rule #1 - look hot, or go home.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

That makes me think of someone pinching up their lips trying not to puke or spray their drink. :thumbsdown:

Such a lovely way to put it.   :p

There has been some interesting comments about it at some of the other forums around.

And if he had built tractors before this, it'd have been deja vu all over again.
So it's fast, has a proper transmission, and looks like a de-uglified Enzo? I'll take it.

looks like a one night stand between a 430 and an Enzo

Yeah, I don't know. I just can't see how spending $300k on some guy's first attempt at a supercar could be a good idea.
Hmmmm....essentially its an overpriced Enzo kit car.

Offline addy

• Drives: Jap Crap

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Such a lovely way to put it.   :p

I bet you've missed my insightful comments over the past weeks while I've been too busy to spread my observational wisdom.  :D

But seriously, can't you see it? The eyes, the mouth, and the bulging cheeks?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Introducing the Arash Chubby Bunnies :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I bet you've missed my insightful comments over the past weeks while I've been too busy to spread my observational wisdom.  :D

I have missed you, have been wondering where you were. Nice to have you back.   :D

And yes, it is an ugly POS. But I am just the messenger.
If I find 'em, I will post 'em. The comments are the best part.  :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Introducing the Arash Chubby Bunnies :D

And it will give you Arash if your not careful. Hohoho.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Some more on the Nappy Rash, er Arash.  ;)

Arash AF-10 Supercar Production Version Revealed

Arash Farboud’s dreams are coming true, slowly but surely. Hopefully, by extension, ours will also come true. But first we must go through what exactly these dreams are, and to glance to the right of you, you can spot the final production version of the Arash AF10 from Arash Cars.

Since the car went into design in 2005, one or two versions have been seen at select motor shows, but finally we see the real thing. Interestingly Arash is going against what one would term ‘traditional’ British practice of using as small an engine block as possible to keep the weight to a minimum. They have sourced GM’s ‘Vette volcano, the 7.0-litre unit producing around 550 bhp. It is good for a 0 – 60mph (96.5 km/h) time of under 3.4 seconds, and a top speed of over 200mph. Transmission is courtesy of a 6-speed manual gearbox from Grazianno, the same people who brought us Ferrari Enzo’s gearbox. Running rubber are 19-inch tyres standard, with an optional 21-inch on offer.

To reduce weight, instead of a small engine Arash has opted for a carbon fiber body shell and chassis, which does not mean comfort compromise as interior is fitted in leather with sat nav standard, as well as an MP3 player and rear view camera with an integrated touch screen. Arash Cars promises a supercharged version later, which will be good for a nice and healthy 850 bhp. We certainly don’t mind, do we?