Offline tdc911

Absolutely nuts IMHO.

I remember when a 911 RS was identical money to a fibreglass 308 GTB.

Offline dkabab

I think the only car from that list that stands out is the jag xjr-15. Probably the only car there that's depreciated.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I think the only car from that list that stands out is the jag xjr-15. Probably the only car there that's depreciated.
Sold $363,964
http://www.classiccarweekly.net/2014/08/25/jaguar-xjr-15/

Online Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I am fairly certain that this is the Yellow car I looked at 8 months ago.

Prices are really strong at the moment and this car would be worth well over $1m now.

May the Horse be with you....

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I am a huge Porsche fan as most of you know, but this boggles my mind.

It's almost like the American muscle cars.  They build millions of them but because one was the only factory delivered purple one it's worth 100x more than an identical blue one.

I know the RS was great in it's day, but it's by no stretch unique, there are so many early 911s that share the same body shell that I don't get it.

Sure a 904 or 550 would be worth a fortune because their numbers are truly limited, but I guess Ill never get why someone would pay so much for this when you could build yourself the same thing on another 911 chassis to drive.

Offline tdc911

Prices are really strong at the moment and this car would be worth well over $1m now.
I don't like to talk other people's possessions down but I don't agree with you. If that is the asking price they are kidding themselves. There are an abundance of RS Tourings available (worldwide) and while this is a relatively early car and has had a quality restoration, there was some conjecture over its provenance as another Porsche shared its chassis number. However, I believe this to be the real deal and the owner has plenty of documentation / evidence to prove and support that.

Edited above statement as I believe it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that this is the genuine article and the other car has been proven to be a fake/clone.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Wouldn't you be pissed if you owned a genuine car and years down the road some crooked bastard decides to use your S/N and then claim their car is the real deal. Your car loses value as a result. Grrrrrrr!

Offline tdc911

Wouldn't you be pissed if you owned a genuine car and years down the road some crooked bastard decides to use your S/N and then claim their car is the real deal. Your car loses value as a result. Grrrrrrr!

Here is the other 911 that was claiming to be 9113600406:
http://www.autosketch.ru/1973%20911RS_2,7_CarreraTouringCoupe_9113600406.htm

(Photos still work)

Offline Tiger

Sounds like the Tw#t who was trying to buy the VIN number plates off my 458 so he could register a dodgy 458 in Singapore!
Roll on summer