Offline Paulstar

@Ferrarista2 or @Al, get a Chev! these things look so menacing  :burnout:

Review comparing the Camaro and the Shelby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-db7bX9LI

Offline j15

fererarararararriisissita. Get one. Give me a yell when you go test driving as I've been looking along the same lines.

I would have though that getting one of the older cars (which are better looking) and dropping a new donk and running gear in would be better (and possibly cheaper).

Old school looks with modern power and reliability seems the go for me. The modern interpretations of these cars look like modern Americans: comically overweight.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
I would have though that getting one of the older cars (which are better looking) and dropping a new donk and running gear in would be better (and possibly cheaper).

Old school looks with modern power and reliability seems the go for me. The modern interpretations of these cars look like modern Americans: comically overweight.
The problem with old school is old brakes, old suspension, etc.
I looked into the older ones, and I much prefer the newer models, but I like your comically overweight remark.

Fact is, not much work is needed with a newer one, and you benefit from all the testing ford have done, which makes it a little safer to drive harder if you want to than one that has been played with...just my way of thinking.

Paul, the Camaro is about $10-20k cheaper, but I like the mustang way more....and the noise  :melting:
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline ferrarista2

fererarararararriisissita. Get one. Give me a yell when you go test driving as I've been looking along the same lines.
Hey Al, yeah we can go whenever you like....at the moment, only one guy that I know of is importing these and allowing test drives for both. He is a nice guy and only charges $5k to get the car complied. Pm me and we can go get 2, maybe he can look after us a little better.....anyone else want in?!?

Offline ferrarista2

Hey Al, yeah we can go whenever you like....at the moment, only one guy that I know of is importing these and allowing test drives for both. He is a nice guy and only charges $5k to get the car complied. Pm me and we can go get 2, maybe he can look after us a little better.....anyone else want in?!?
Anyone?!?

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Ah, I'm back. Certainly will come take a look, there seem to be a lot of cars around already in Oz, test driveable and ready to roll for negotiable dollars - so I'd be unlikely to import and comply as there's already things I like here.

That being said, maybe your mate can convince me otherwise... unless he tries to sell me an atom   :D   :boggled:
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

@Ferrarista2 or @Al, get a Chev! these things look so menacing  :burnout:

Review comparing the Camaro and the Shelby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-db7bX9LI

Also .... YES ... I love the idea of a Camaro SS drop top.
C'mon, do it!

Offline ferrarista2

You still on this site Ubs?
Did your end up getting one??
I ended up getting a fully restored 67 fastback, contrary to my prior way of thinking.

Offline allanuber

You still on this site Ubs?
Did your end up getting one??
I ended up getting a fully restored 67 fastback, contrary to my prior way of thinking.

hi mate, long time no speak.

I picked up a 70 Mercury Cougar that Mondi has been fettling into perfection, and also possibly using as a mobile pimpwagon in the meantime.

Though, co-incidentally test drove a Camaro LT1 recently and loved it (even though it's a bit like staring out of a tank) so am watching with interest as their prices keep dropping....
C'mon, do it!

Offline ferrarista2

hi mate, long time no speak.

I picked up a 70 Mercury Cougar that Mondi has been fettling into perfection, and also possibly using as a mobile pimpwagon in the meantime.

Though, co-incidentally test drove a Camaro LT1 recently and loved it (even though it's a bit like staring out of a tank) so am watching with interest as their prices keep dropping....
Nice one on the Cougar, no doubt it'll have some form of bondage paraphernalia in the back when it's finished.

I think any of the Camaro's and mustangs that have been converted to right hand drive will come down quickly once the new factory built ones start entering our shores.....

Love the look of the new Mustangs too, but at the moment, buying any supercharged hsv or the last of the fords is the way to go. 👍🏼