Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

That's the second problem I hear from people, for some reason that don't quite understand how it all works and believe the battery could just go flat in an instant. I think they must use mobile phones as a gauge or something.......and a lot of them don't or can't believe you can get 200 or 300 kms out of an EV. I guess a lot more education is needed here........

All those things will be straightened out in due course, it's still new to the majority of people.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

All those things will be straightened out in due course, it's still new to the majority of people.

You still haven't put your cards on the table yet..........

See there are all these factors to consider. EVs are not a golden bullet that is going to be fired into the crowd and everyone runs off and buys one........

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

We are some way from an EV appealing to MOST people. They don't need most people to buy to have a strong business case. In fact, no manufacturer could deal with such a huge influx of customers. What the industry needs and will get will be a slow build of demand. EV's will be niche for a while yet.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

We are some way from an EV appealing to MOST people. They don't need most people to buy to have a strong business case. In fact, no manufacturer could deal with such a huge influx of customers. What the industry needs and will get will be a slow build of demand. EV's will be niche for a while yet.

OK, so mhh summed up 3 pages of auguring in a few sentences..........   :o      :D

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

OK, so mhh summed up 3 pages of auguring in a few sentences..........   :o      :D

Sorry, I didn't read the thread.  Just jumped in. :o

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Yup, to put the numbers in context way less than 1% of total vehicle sales worldwide are EV's.  Even doubling that take up to 2% of total sales worldwide would be a logistical nightmare.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Yup, to put the numbers in context way less than 1% of total vehicle sales worldwide are EV's.  Even doubling that take up to 2% of total sales worldwide would be a logistical nightmare.

I would love an EV as a company car. Most places I travel to would be well within the range, as long as I had a charger at the other end to top up...............

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

I would love an EV as a company car. Most places I travel to would be well within the range, as long as I had a charger at the other end to top up...............

I have no experience with any EV besides Tesla; but once you have driven one you are a convert for normal day to day driving.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I have no experience with any EV besides Tesla; but once you have driven one you are a convert for normal day to day driving.

I took the S that was out the front of the Marriott for a test drive 18 months ago so I know what you mean.

At the moment I have a company car supplied so I don't get a choice but when I do go it alone I would like to run an EV.

The only thing that concerns me is that I don't go to the same place twice in the same week, well not often anyway. Some times it's only an hour away, other times it's 4 or 5 hours away. So I need to figure out how to recharge.

When is the S coming out in a wagon. Ah that's the X isn't it.  :p 

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You still haven't put your cards on the table yet..........

See there are all these factors to consider. EVs are not a golden bullet that is going to be fired into the crowd and everyone runs off and buys one........

10 years is a long time and tech moves lightning fast, EV's have been tried before but I think Tesla may have nailed it for the mass consumer. How they handle it is yet to be seen.