Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
To be revealed 31 March
Taking $1000 reservations from 31 March
No Signature edition for the Model 3 - same reservation amount for all.
Online from 1 April
No teaser images yet but will post when I see them'
Projected price $35k USD...

The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
To be revealed 31 March
Taking $1000 reservations from 31 March
No Signature edition for the Model 3 - same reservation amount for all.
Online from 1 April
No teaser images yet but will post when I see them'

5 year waiting list while they workout how to scale production.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Told you so   :D....... that's the REAL end to oil.

Oil cartels with now buy Tesla and scrap it.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I would like to see them try, it's not the 70's anymore.................

$35k US will still be around $60k here, still a bit out of reach for your average bogan.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter

I would like to see them try, it's not the 70's anymore.................

$35k US will still be around $60k here, still a bit out of reach for your average bogan.

About the same price as the Volt was. It didn't do well, but it also didn't have the marketing that Tesla has.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

About the same price as the Volt was. It didn't do well, but it also didn't have the marketing that Tesla has.

It probably won't apply here but from what I have been reading everyone over there is saying that Telsa will have a hard time competing with the Chevy Bolt. The Bolt will come in well under $30k and first customer orders to be delivered by Christmas.

I don't know of any plans to bring the Bolt here, but if they did it would be in the $45k to $50k price range.

The Models S and X have gone unchallenged in the electric-vehicle market, the 3 on the other hand is up against established auto makers, with a fair bit of capital behind them.

The other arguement I have seen is why would people buy a $60k EV when there are plenty of petrol powered joby's with all the bells and whistles for around $25K?????

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

I hope that was tongue in cheek.

To bring it out at $35k US the battery will be way smaller than Model X or Model S.
I saw a 2nd hand salvage Model S battery offered for $25k US on the weekend. Most people don't realise that Tesla have a pyrotechnic fuse that is activated in a big enough accident. They don't sell those to anyone because they don't want written off cars repaired. A salvage battery may well be useless as a result.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I hope that was tongue in cheek.

To bring it out at $35k US the battery will be way smaller than Model X or Model S.
I saw a 2nd hand salvage Model S battery offered for $25k US on the weekend. Most people don't realise that Tesla have a pyrotechnic fuse that is activated in a big enough accident. They don't sell those to anyone because they don't want written off cars repaired. A salvage battery may well be useless as a result.

Not really, I always thought if they bring out a consumer model it will finish traditional machines, people will do anything to save a few cents and this would do it, after some refinement, Also women drive the market and they won't allow a petrol car in the driveway if they can "save the planet"

Oil has too much to lose so if Tesla get a proper foothold in the mainstream market they will have to do something.

Can't do it ?

Money talks.

Interesting comments re the battery  :scratchchin:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Not really, I always thought if they bring out a consumer model it will finish traditional machines, people will do anything to save a few cents and this would do it, after some refinement, Also women drive the market and they won't allow a petrol car in the driveway if they can "save the planet"

Oil has too much to lose so if Tesla get a proper foothold in the mainstream market they will have to do something.

Can't do it ?

Money talks.

Interesting comments re the battery  :scratchchin:

I'm sorry but that is complete nonsense..............

1: it will take years if not decades for EV's to even make a dent in Oil!! ONE of the reasons Oil is in trouble at the moment has to do with cars being a lot more economical. EV's are a piss drop in the Ocean.
2: I have never met a woman who gives that much of a fuck about the planet!! And when it comes to cars, most of them don't give a flying fat rats ass, as long as it goes, looks good and they don't have to "do" anything to it, that's all they care about. It's only the die hard hippies that really care about the planet BS.
3: How on earth will it finish traditional machines???? Joe Average is still not going to be able to afford one so how will it cut into Hyundai sales???
4: Women drive the market???????? WTF! what are you basing this info on???????
5: At the moment Telsa is still a gimmick. The big car manufacturers will under sell them like crazy when they try to sell something like the 3 that others can match...........

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'm sorry but that is complete nonsense..............

1: it will take years if not decades for EV's to even make a dent in Oil!! ONE of the reasons Oil is in trouble at the moment has to do with cars being a lot more economical. EV's are a piss drop in the Ocean.
2: I have never met a woman who gives that much of a fuck about the planet!! And when it comes to cars, most of them don't give a flying fat rats ass, as long as it goes, looks good and they don't have to "do" anything to it, that's all they care about. It's only the die hard hippies that really care about the planet BS.
3: How on earth will it finish traditional machines???? Joe Average is still not going to be able to afford one so how will it cut into Hyundai sales???
4: Women drive the market???????? WTF! what are you basing this info on???????
5: At the moment Telsa is still a gimmick. The big car manufacturers will under sell them like crazy when they try to sell something like the 3 that others can match...........

Don't think so small -

Women drive the economy in many ways.....think about your home life. :rolleyes:
I couldn't put the wrong thing in the rubbish and not the recycle bin without risking a sh#t fight.
Tesla is still small but don't be surprised at the speed of growth once they get the mix right.
Yes it will take years but it will happen, it's inevitable , take public transport, the trucking industry and so on, every dollar they spend is under scrutiny.

Anyone that can build an electric car that can burn off a Lambo is half way there.

BTW Teslas are growing n me saw a while one today.....very classy ;)