Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Meanwhile at the weekly Top Gear production meeting.

That facial expression says "I am still assessing whether I should be here or not..."
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

If Harris starts with Top Gear, he won't be there long. History has shown he doesn't play well with others.

Offline TomE

Best outcome is that they ditch the other 2 after an awkward first season and make it season 2: Chris Harris + weekly guest presenter.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Best outcome is that they ditch the other 2 after an awkward first season and make it season 2: Chris Harris + weekly guest presenter.

Best outcome is Chris Harris keeps doing his own thing and they get MHH to replace him. :p

They could get MHH to bring his own cars and the show would already be more interesting.  :thumbsup:

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Best outcome is Chris Harris keeps doing his own thing and they get MHH to replace him. :p

They could get MHH to bring his own cars and the show would already be more interesting.  :thumbsup:
As Clarkson's replacement Mark may need to take up smoking and drinking plus add 30KG and acquire some tweed jackets.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
As Clarkson's replacement Mark may need to take up smoking and drinking plus add 30KG and acquire some tweed jackets.

Mark would be Mays replacement.. the quiet deviant... lol

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes

I am sure the tweed jackets were taken care off a while back  :p

Offline tentacles1

The Chris Harris LaFerrari v P1 v 918 video had an ideal line up of presenters. Undoubtedly they wouldn't be mainstream enough to get the gig but they were great together.

Offline j15

Whoever they get will be taking up a poisoned chalice. Clarkson, May, and Hammond didn't seem to be playing parts on the show, they looked like they were mostly just being themselves. If viewers want the new presenters to behave or act like the old presenters it won't work. Think of the Australian version of Top Gear to understand see how difficult it can be to replicate the formula.

Television presenters are at their best when they're being themselves. I wouldn't be looking for the next Clarkson or May or Hammond, I would just look for entertaining people with a profile who can talk about cars like it comes naturally to them and let it build from there.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Whoever they get will be taking up a poisoned chalice. Clarkson, May, and Hammond didn't seem to be playing parts on the show, they looked like they were mostly just being themselves.

^^^^  This!!!!

If you watch these three on social media they hang shit on each other like crazy and jokes as well(sometimes borderline).

I can't see there ever being the same dynamic with new presenters.

But even with Clarkson, May, and Hammond I think it was getting a little stale toward the end and some of the stuff they did before the shit hit the fan was a bit of a forced performance not their natural being themselves stuff............. but that's just my opinion.