Offline TomE

I like the refresh.

I.M.O. the latest season has shown that May, Clarkson and Hammond were given too much credit for the success. The writers/producers are the ones that made it work so well.

As they get accustom to writing scripts for the new team it will improve. It may never get the ratings of the old crew but their best shows were behind them anyway.

Harris needs to relax a bit! He's acting like he is still in interview mode.

Matt has surprised me. He's doing well. - I'll put my hand up and say I got that wrong in my earlier post.

Good to see Chris was prepared to walk OR BBC were prepared to make the change early.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
How's the deafening silence from his co-presenters following the announcement...speaks volumes in my opinion...
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline TomE

How's the deafening silence from his co-presenters following the announcement...speaks volumes in my opinion...

Very true.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

Offline dkabab

Hopefully Chris Harris can take over the anchor role..... But he'll need to loosen up a bit. He's always been great by himself but you can tell he's uncomfortable in the group stuff. Could just be a miss match of personalities.

Offline David B

Hopefully Chris Harris can take over the anchor role..... But he'll need to loosen up a bit. He's always been great by himself but you can tell he's uncomfortable in the group stuff. Could just be a miss match of personalities.

The problem for the new team is the old team ran off loose scripts and often went adlib, which is why they courted controversy so often... 

I thought Evans gave it a go but he was too "over the top" and shouty for me.

Sabine is I think great, talented and naturally funny... problem is will they let that come out or are they though the scripts overly controlling the team.

Can only get better...   But things are going to get hot when the grand tour comes out.... their promo and reaction to top gear had me laughing even when I knew I sort of shouldnt.

Offline TomE

The problem for the new team is the old team ran off loose scripts and often went adlib, which is why they courted controversy so often... 

Disagree, good writing made it see like it was off the cuff. The contriversal stuff was scripted and the producers / editors put it to air.

With then new team you notice when they say lines it sounds just like something that Hammond, May or Clarkson would have said.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
I have only watched a couple of Top Gear segments on cars that interested me. Those that I saw seemed ok to me. Chris Evans seems to have copped the blame for everything from what I can see.

I predict the "Grand Tour" will be the same tired old formula from the trio.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
I have only watched a couple of Top Gear segments on cars that interested me. Those that I saw seemed ok to me. Chris Evans seems to have copped the blame for everything from what I can see.

I predict the "Grand Tour" will be the same tired old formula from the trio.
+1

Offline fivesix