Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Turbo V8 with RWD only and more torque than the V12.
448kw / 760nm

The 2016 Paris Motor Show provides the venue for the unveiling of the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso T, the first four-seater in Prancing Horse history to sport a turbo-charged V8 engine, hailing a whole new Ferrari GT concept aimed at owners seeking a car that is sporty and versatile, as well as perfect for driving on a daily basis.

The new GT effortlessly marries elegance, superb occupant comfort and sportiness with the thrilling driving dynamics delivered by a combination of rear-wheel-only drive, four-wheel steering, lighter overall weight and increased weight bias towards the rear (46:54).

The car's 3.9-litre V8 turbo is the latest evolution to emerge from the engine family that was nominated the 2016 International Engine of the Year. Its maximum power output is 610 cv at 7,500 rpm while maximum torque of 760 Nm is available at between 3,000 and 5,250 rpm.

The V8 turbo's characteristics suit day-to-day driving in urban contexts: a rich powerful soundtrack in acceleration that becomes more muted at lower speeds, rapid pick-up from low revs courtesy of versatile, modular torque delivery and, last but not least, excellent range.

The Ferrari GTC4 Lusso T's dynamic control systems have been specifically calibrated to boost responsiveness to commands. In particular, the 4WS (rear-wheel steering), which is integrated with Side Slip Control (SSC3), makes for more rapid response to steering wheel inputs entering and exiting corners, thanks to the rear wheels steering in the same direction as the front ones.

The feeling of longitudinal performance in this new model has been enhanced at low speeds by Variable Boost Management and underscored by throttle response with zero turbo lag. Thanks to variable torque curves (VBM) between 3rd and 7th gear, longitudinal acceleration is consistent through the ratios, increasing smoothly with engine speed, resulting in a feeling of vivid but superbly progressive acceleration.

The Ferrari GTC4 Lusso T's styling remains the same innovative take on the shooting brake coupé, reinterpreting the concept with an extremely streamlined, tapered shape that gives it an almost fastback-like silhouette. The cabin is an effortless melding of distinctive Ferrari styling and the luxurious elegance expected of a four-seater GT. The GTC4 Lusso T features the unique Dual Cockpit architecture, designed to enhance the shared driving experience for both driver and passenger. It also incorporates the latest iteration of the infotainment system complete with an impressive 10.25" HD capacitive touchscreen.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Spew....

Another V12 bites the dust.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

Offline JBO

Guys the V12 AWD version stays as the range topper. The T is the entry level lusso.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
That should kill off the half dozen Australian V12 Lusso sales per year just nicely.
The Cardigan man has lost the plot 😎

Offline dkabab

They should allow gas guzzlers and offset their purchase with a million trees somewhere.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Guys the V12 AWD version stays as the range topper. The T is the entry level lusso.

Well that is good :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Well that is good :)

Instead of selling 6 V12's a year they will now sell only the odd car to a Chinese National who wants 4 seats and has to buy the most expensive version.
The rest will be V8's at several hundred thousand dollars less to pussy whipped punters who have been told they can only buy a Ferrari with 4 seats.
Marketing genious from Chrysler at his finest  :rolleyes:

Offline 9911

Was a smart move with Bentley and the continental GT S.

But I think that's the do more so with Bentleys dinasaur W12 tech.

Offline JBO

Two nice pics from the Paris show…