Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

yes for the FD DBW unit ^

also get the clutch P.I.S reset; setting-factory setting is around 5.1,  lower the number for better clutch engagement

Still got yours ?

Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
When I was looking at 4200's I was factoring in changing over to a gettag box. Got
No time for shitty single clutch systems
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
the magnetti marelli system in its basic form when first introduced was good (when new). The system is let down by the clutch and the operator. The actual brains behind the system is awesome, a rocket scientist clearly developed it and it designed to make the car/s easier to drive. When a SD3 is plugged in to search for faults it locates the fault and says there is a gearbox issue....thats great when there are 300 different components to select. In race car trim the system overheated and the hydraulic oil would get hot and the actuators wouldn't know what to select.
You can buy after market F1 pumps that are larger capacity and work well, also to keep the pump cool try directing air to it. if you need further information there is a perm banned user on Fchat who if you follow his you tube videos is very handy for understanding the system.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/268458-360-f1-hydraulic-pump-relay-pictures-inside.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6jh5SV8t1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3EhbwanQtE&list=PLcdpxKAY0Nd7Uf5Em1leXJWf0cdBy8eKO

simple rule to remember, shop around and learn the system so you are aware of what the mechanic is telling you and always cross check the parts in the F1 system, anything in a fiat box is cheaper than a trident box or the box with a horse/ donkey on it.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I had an M3 CSL with SMG that was no better or worse than the 4200 Maserati. I daily drove that for 105,000km's and the clutch was still going strong when I sold it to a mate. He did another 20,000 km or so before he replaced the clutch and it's still going strong today.

If you don't abuse them or drive like an idiot you can get big miles out of the clutch easily.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I had an M3 CSL with SMG that was no better or worse than the 4200 Maserati. I daily drove that for 105,000km's and the clutch was still going strong when I sold it to a mate. He did another 20,000 km or so before he replaced the clutch and it's still going strong today.

If you don't abuse them or drive like an idiot you can get big miles out of the clutch easily.

I was in it the other day and yep still going strong. ;)

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

E46's were far superior over the E36 sequential shift, had an E36......was hit and miss if it locked up and had to go back to dealer, I pity those that have an E36 M3 with sequential.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
E46's were far superior over the E36 sequential shift, had an E36......was hit and miss if it locked up and had to go back to dealer, I pity those that have an E36 M3 with sequential.

All the E36  SMG's  are probably long dead now. They were horrible things.

Offline Neru

All the E36  SMG's  are probably long dead now. They were horrible things.

pretty sure most of them were converted to manual

Offline adam01

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna