Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
according to the text this car was in Australia now back in UK.... epic car in an epic colour combo. Looks original and unmolested.

http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/442/Blue_Chip_and_Competition_Cars/Porsche_27_Carrera_RS.html

Their blue chip stock list is rather impressive at the moment too...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline tdc911

Plenty of Carrera RS's on the market because of the astronomical prices they are getting. One sold on the weekend at Artcuriel's auction at the Le Mans Classic plus they achieved ridiculous prices for other 911s. Maxted-Page seem to add a new Carrera RS to the market each week. Bonhams are offering a unique 2.7 Carrera RS at Pebble, Meecum have two 2.7 Carrera RSs, Gooding have a 3.0 (which is what I prefer). 993 Carrera RS prices have gone completely bonkers overseas as have 911 Speedsters.

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Plenty of Carrera RS's on the market because of the astronomical prices they are getting. One sold on the weekend at Artcuriel's auction at the Le Mans Classic plus they achieved ridiculous prices for other 911s. Maxted-Page seem to add a new Carrera RS to the market each week. Bonhams are offering a unique 2.7 Carrera RS at Pebble, Meecum have two 2.7 Carrera RSs, Gooding have a 3.0 (which is what I prefer). 993 Carrera RS prices have gone completely bonkers overseas as have 911 Speedsters.

what are "astronomical" prices?  just curious on an actual number :D

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I haven't seen one crack a million US yet I don't think...maybe $700k max. Does anyone know for sure?
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline tdc911

I haven't seen one crack a million US yet I don't think...maybe $700k max. Does anyone know for sure?
A 1973 Carrera RS 2.7 Lightweight sold for $US1.4 million at Amelia Island this year.

Offline tdc911

what are "astronomical" prices?  just curious on an actual number :D

The one that sold on the weekend at the Le Mans Classic fetched 580,000 euros.

Online looney

wow, thanks for the numbers guys :D

i just cant believe how far the market has travelled of late :/

makes me sad that I'll never be able to afford some of the cars i'd really love to own.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
wow, thanks for the numbers guys :D

i just cant believe how far the market has travelled of late :/

makes me sad that I'll never be able to afford some of the cars i'd really love to own.

Just wait, what goes too far up always comes back down again. Bust follows Boom every time !

Online looney

Just wait, what goes too far up always comes back down again. Bust follows Boom every time !

Lets hope so, although, I presume a bust will only come when the rest of the economy tanks as well...

But I'm trying to  restructure my investments to minimise the risk :-)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Plenty of people that held on to their money because of the GFC have started to hit the YOLO zone and are buying whatever toys they want. Collectors will pay whatever they want for collector cars because they aren't about driving the car. If you wanted to experience a 1973 2.7 RS as a drivers car, you'd buy one of the race prepared road cars that are always on the market for $60-100k or buy a Singer.