Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Yell if you need company or a lift mate. Long time no see.
Agree Al too long, you may just get a call  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Agree Al too long, you may just get a call  :)

Look forward to it mate, we can take the Rapide so we look like gents.
C'mon, do it!

Online shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

I am very happy with my 650S. Car is superior technologically than most and the CF tub and active aero are only found in cars costing heaps more. Very comfortable car and super fast and handles amazingly well in most conditions

Value for money second hand is amazing and if u really wanted to nuke anything out there you can change exhaust add cat bypass and get a ECU upgrade to get 712bhp 😈😈😈

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

You should come to Tassie in Nov. You will have an absolute ball!
I may take you up on that, it would be awesome in either car, ask Mark about our drive up & down the Cethana stage a few years back  :thumbsup: :faint:
Keep Smiling

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I am very happy with my 650S. Car is superior technologically than most and the CF tub and active aero are only found in cars costing heaps more. Very comfortable car and super fast and handles amazingly well in most conditions

Value for money second hand is amazing and if u really wanted to nuke anything out there you can change exhaust add cat bypass and get a ECU upgrade to get 712bhp 😈😈😈
The more I read this thread the further I lean towards 650S  :)
Keep Smiling

Online JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
One thing about the McLaren, the ride quality is absolute magic carpet stuff. For a car with this level of performance and handling to ride like it does is a miracle. That alone makes it a very driveable car in all conditions, even when you're just commuting. Mark said his had a better ride quality than his M5 and I have no reason to doubt that.

But I have also been in Mark's GT3 at full noise and its SPECTACULAR. That sound at 9000 rpm…just wow!

No matter which you choose, you certainly won't be getting a dud!

Personally I'd go a 991.2 GT3 with a manual box and pocket the change. Then when 675LTs start to come down in price, trade up.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline TJB

One thing about the McLaren, the ride quality is absolute magic carpet stuff. For a car with this level of performance and handling to ride like it does is a miracle. That alone makes it a very driveable car in all conditions, even when you're just commuting. Mark said his had a better ride quality than his M5 and I have no reason to doubt that.

But I have also been in Mark's GT3 at full noise and its SPECTACULAR. That sound at 9000 rpm…just wow!

No matter which you choose, you certainly won't be getting a dud!

Personally I'd go a 991.2 GT3 with a manual box and pocket the change. Then when 675LTs start to come down in price, trade up.

Cannot speak from experience as I have not been fortunate enough to be a passenger in either, but both are amazing cars that look fast standing still.

JBO, on your last point, do you think the 675LT will drop in price, or will they hold value like the Speciale is currently doing?  It seems that these type of lightweight, track-focused cars are holding value (if not increasing in value) rather than depreciating of late

Online JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I don't think the LT will plummet in value, but it will certainly drop when the P14 arrives, and more again when the P14LT arrives.
Speciale is a different kettle of fish. Universal brand awareness and cache beyond the car fraternity and a longer history of very high retained and increased value on special models, means Ferrari holds the resale cards for now. Mac F1 is of course the exception to that rule! Will be interesting to see what happens to P1 values in the long term...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.