Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
as stock is in limited supply wanting to do an upgrade on the 997 series 2 PDK Carrera. Does anyone know about the GTS 991 and the normal C4S.
If you ask me why I want a 4, its simple after last weekend Adel to Thredbo and driving the Alpine way from Khancoban to Thredbo in snow for say 30km the C2 did really well without chains and the 4 would eliminate chains altogether in NSW.
Just after thoughts on both cars, not after a GT3 (have enough race cars and don't want to arrive in Thredbo needing a chiropractor).
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
as stock is in limited supply wanting to do an upgrade on the 997 series 2 PDK Carrera. Does anyone know about the GTS 991 and the normal C4S.
If you ask me why I want a 4, its simple after last weekend Adel to Thredbo and driving the Alpine way from Khancoban to Thredbo in snow for say 30km the C2 did really well without chains and the 4 would eliminate chains altogether in NSW.
Just after thoughts on both cars, not after a GT3 (have enough race cars and don't want to arrive in Thredbo needing a chiropractor).
I drove the 991 GTS recently on a Porsche drive day and absolutely loved it. Fantastic balance and handling and the engine was much better than the basic non-S Carrera I drove on same day.

I can't comment bout the AWD GTS version but I'd probably never buy an AWD version anyway (as don't drive to the snow) after my 997.1 Turbo - fantastic car in every respect other than that it was almost dead to driver feedback or perhaps I just didn't have the balls to drive it on its limits.
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

I drove the 991 GTS recently on a Porsche drive day and absolutely loved it. Fantastic balance and handling and the engine was much better than the basic non-S Carrera I drove on same day.

I can't comment bout the AWD GTS version but I'd probably never buy an AWD version anyway (as don't drive to the snow) after my 997.1 Turbo - fantastic car in every respect other than that it was almost dead to driver feedback or perhaps I just didn't have the balls to drive it on its limits.

for me its an everyday driver, Porsche have it right on the money, I drove the 575M for 12 months and got bored with it, lumbering around waiting for the F1 to shit itself. Every 911 I've had have been great daily cars. The cost difference between the GTS 4 and the C4S are light years apart. And now is the time as the last of the flat 6's are being built in readiness for the V4 twin turbo, I suppose its just like when they went from air cooled to water cooled.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
fantastic car in every respect other than that it was almost dead to driver feedback or perhaps I just didn't have the balls to drive it on its limits.

No it's just a big armchair with a powerful motor, that's why I sold mine too.

GT3 is what you need for driving feel IMO.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You should never base a 991 purchase decision on 997 experience. They are very different cars.

Here's what EVO thought of the 4 having driven the 2.

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/13113/porsche-911-carrera-4s-drive-story

The 991 GT3 is nothing special if your main driving is in the city.

Offline Alpinem3e92

Saw this demo GTS manual at the local yesterday, gorgeous car, not a 4 however. Sticker says $303.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

You should never base a 991 purchase decision on 997 experience. They are very different cars.

Here's what EVO thought of the 4 having driven the 2.

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/13113/porsche-911-carrera-4s-drive-story

The 991 GT3 is nothing special if your main driving is in the city.

Thanks Mark, good read, summed up what i needed to know especially in snow

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Always loved this shot of the GTS

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mtarone

Always loved this shot of the GTS

Great shot. I do love the wide rear end on the 4 and GTS.  :thumbsup:

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Yeah love it but I reckon I would remove all the lower badges so it just said Porsche on the back. It's like reading an essay !
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.