Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jds2RczAbvg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jds2RczAbvg</a>

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Porsche really do make an absolutely impeccable product.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I think the McLaren 650S would beat the 991 but the porker is a bloody impressive piece of kit.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I would have thought the bull would have taken the lead by the end of the 1/4, impressive porker!

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
Published figures put the Turbo S slightly behind the Aventador down the 1/4 so some fairly bad driving there by the orange car.

cool car though.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Published figures put the Turbo S slightly behind the Aventador down the 1/4 so some fairly bad driving there by the orange car.

cool car though.

i dont even know if its "bad driving" surely it has launch control like the Porsche?

and even if the Porsche were slower on paper, my guess would be that the Porsche would be consistent in its performance and bulletproof to match.

like this, 50 launches on launch control.  Puts it into perspective when a GTR that's used Launch control has a voided warranty.

http://youtu.be/A5DRCTW-Q7o

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

i dont even know if its "bad driving" surely it has launch control like the Porsche?

and even if the Porsche were slower on paper, my guess would be that the Porsche would be consistent in its performance and bulletproof to match.

like this, 50 launches on launch control.  Puts it into perspective when a GTR that's used Launch control has a voided warranty.

Impressive  :eek:

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben

It does, and you can even hear him use it.  But the car runs a massive 11.4 down their 1/4 mile in that video, which is a full second slower than the book figure so something is up. 

Could be a few reasons why.  Driver error, elevation, track prep etc.

The GTR warranty used to be void due launch control, however thats no longer the case with the new series and R start.

Not taking away from the Porsche of course, fantastic car and its launch system is amazing.  50 in a row is something I can't think of any other car being capable of doing.  But its still slower down the 1/4 than the Aventador when both cars are in the hands of professionals.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Dick swinging going on here  :rolleyes:

What difference will a professional driver make down the quarter when it is an auto and has launch control.
What difference does the grip level have ?? Both are on the same bit of road
Elevation. My ass. If that was a problem it would affect the turbo more as it is a "turbo"

And do you realy believe everything an "Italian" car company puts on paper  :doh:

The reaction looks about identical so I think if was a fair race.   But who really gives a shit about straight line drags. Not me

Rant over please continue.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ok fast in a straight line, who gives a root ...under 3 seconds it's academic......what counts is how they handle in the bends, that's where the difference is important.