Offline RMV

• A Country Member

You should probably read the rest of the thread before posting.

Errr - did I draw the conclusion in my post that the 991 Turbo S is faster generally than the Aventador based on that one vid? Not much of a sample size if we're going to be all scientific about it. Nothing you've subsequently posted changes the fact that in THAT particular race the Porsche beat the Aventador and that it looked (to me) like a fair fight (elevation/air temperature/bitumen condition/moon phases/the position of Jupiter/etc excepted). I'm also so happy for you that you could work out from that vid that the Aventador driver must have fucked up the launch. I can't say it is obvious to me... but you're the expert. :)

Offline BenC

• Bus Driver

• Drives: cars
  • Name: Ben
Errr - did I draw the conclusion in my post that the 991 Turbo S is faster generally than the Aventador based on that one vid? Not much of a sample size if we're going to be all scientific about it. Nothing you've subsequently posted changes the fact that in THAT particular race the Porsche beat the Aventador and that it looked (to me) like a fair fight (elevation/air temperature/bitumen condition/moon phases/the position of Jupiter/etc excepted). I'm also so happy for you that you could work out from that vid that the Aventador driver must have roo named ted up the launch. I can't say it is obvious to me... but you're the expert. :)
OK then.

The discussion I was clearly having with Brenton was regarding the general performance of these cars.  Never did I dispute that the Porsche won this specific race. My point (again) is the video simply isn't representative of the actual performance of the cars.  Its an anomaly.

Further, I didn't state categorically that the Lambo 'rooted' the launch, but merely offered it as one possible explanation.  Given that at the exact same track, in likely the exact same car I've posted a video where he goes nearly 0.5 faster, then some variable obviously exists. 

You say "No obvious evidence of driver error apparent".  How else do you explain him going 11.4 in the first video, then 10.9 in the next, all else being equal?  Super secret turbo button?

So for the umpteenth time, I'm not claiming to be the expert.  I'm making a very simple (at least I thought it was) point.  Book figures (supported by evidence I've linked) put the Turbo S behind the Avendator down the 1/4 mile. 

Thats all.  Its cool the Porsche won in this video, the Porsche is a great car.  But all things being equal, its slower.

The end.