Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Now writing for Road and Track
Allowed to drive Ferraris again
Here is his review of the LaFerrari
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/2015-ferrari-laferrari-first-drive-review-by-chris-harris

Also /DRIVE has been syndicated for 13 episodes on NBC Sports in the US
Delayed release onto Youtube following airing in the US.
Here is a trailer with Harris driving the F12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgcWtA3RBDU

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Now writing for Road and Track
Allowed to drive Ferraris again
Here is his review of the LaFerrari
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/2015-ferrari-laferrari-first-drive-review-by-chris-harris

Also /DRIVE has been syndicated for 13 episodes on NBC Sports in the US
Delayed release onto Youtube following airing in the US.
Here is a trailer with Harris driving the F12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgcWtA3RBDU

I got all excited, but it's just his old write up from 30th April.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline JBO

oh sorry - didn't see the date
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Aircon

oh sorry - didn't see the date

No worries. So is it official that he and Ferrari has kissed and made up or what's the story there now?

Offline JBO

I think he might explain it at some point but driving an F12 in that promo vid means he's probably "back in the family"...

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Probably had to buy his own current model Ferrari and write kiss ass articles about it so he was allowed back in.  :scratchchin:

Did he really buy it or was it a back door deal to get his foot back in the Ferrari door while they saved face? Looks a little suspicious now it's been played out.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Have a look at the number of views he gets on his car review videos. He would have to be one of the most popular car journo's on the planet. My guess is Ferrari made the commercial decision that it was in their best interests to have him review their cars again.

Offline JBO

Agree. And Harris does actually like their cars. He just complained about the way their PR team operates.
They know if they bring him back into the fold they will get favourable reviews from the bloke getting the second highest views behind top gear, and we all know top gear is no longer about cars. Some might argue it never was!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Agree. And Harris does actually like their cars. He just complained about the way their PR team operates.
They know if they bring him back into the fold they will get favourable reviews from the bloke getting the second highest views behind top gear, and we all know top gear is no longer about cars. Some might argue it never was!

Yes, he does love their cars and has bought a number of them with his own $$ to run and report on.
He did nothing wrong beyond stating the truth about how arrogant Ferrari are and how their test cars are "optimized" for the best performance. Same as it ever was and all the manufacturers do the same thing anyway.
IMO there is nothing wrong with choosing the appropriate options to ensure the car is as light as possible and therefore performs at it's best. Ferrari offers a dizzying array of options and you can alter the weight of the car by a huge amount by ticking all the luxury options. Electric seats, leather, sound systems and all that crap adds a surprising amount of weight.

Offline Aircon

IMO there is nothing wrong with choosing the appropriate options to ensure the car is as light as possible and therefore performs at it's best. Ferrari offers a dizzying array of options and you can alter the weight of the car by a huge amount by ticking all the luxury options. Electric seats, leather, sound systems and all that crap adds a surprising amount of weight.

Is that all they did though?