Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Read all about it.

I think it started in 2007 when I heard that Ferrari wanted to know   which test track we were going to use for Autocar's 599 GTB road test,   but in reality the rot had set in many years earlier. Why would it want   to know that? "Because," said the man from the Autocar office, "The   factory now has to send a test team to the circuit we chose so that they   can optimize the car to get the best performance from it." They duly   went to the track, tested for a day, crashed the car, went back to the   factory to mend the car, returned, tested and then invited us to drive   this "standard" 599. They must have been having a laugh.

Offline TomE

IMO there is nothing wrong with choosing the appropriate options to ensure the car is as light as possible and therefore performs at it's best. Ferrari offers a dizzying array of options and you can alter the weight of the car by a huge amount by ticking all the luxury options. Electric seats, leather, sound systems and all that crap adds a surprising amount of weight.

Went futher than that. Ferrari were setting up cars for specific tracks, then having a second car for the road portion of the review. His beef was that the cars did not represent what the punter was actually buying.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Went futher than up. Ferrari were setting up cars for specific tracks, then having a second car for the road portion of the review. His beef was that the cars did not represent what the punter was actually buying.

Like what McLaren did with the 12c on the top gear track/test.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Would be kind of funny to find out that he complained about the Ferrari PR team so they blocked him from testing Ferrari's. Eventually senior management at Ferrari asks why isnt that Brown guy testing our cars any more and the PR team all gets fired.