Offline waterskydiver

• Callum 'n Jared, nuts about cars! Best mates.

• Drives: Nothing worth mentioning on this site!
  • Name: Callum and Jared
G'day,

My name is Jared and I'm the father of a little ten-year-old boy called Callum.  Callum has had some challenges in his life you might say.  He was born with a muscle disease which hasn't yet been diagnosed but it's similar to muscular dystrophy; very weak muscles, poor respiratory system (meaning many trips to hospital with pneumonia), and a lot of other issues.

Because Callum can't engage in sporting activities- he gets around in a wheelchair- he's learnt to get interested in other pursuits, and his obsession for years now has been exotic cars, in particular Europeans.  Cal's favourite thing in the worldto do is to stand on a particular corner at Double Bay (very wealthy suburb of Sydney) and "car hunt", which means spotting great cars, talking about them, talking about his "top five" favourites, a list that's changing all the time, and just generally immersing himself in supercar trivia.

The reason I'm writing this is because when I asked Callum a while ago what would be his favourite thing for Christmas he said, "Well, Dad, I'd love a drive in a supercar but I know that can't happen."

I don't know how this letter will be received, whether you'll think I've got no right to ask someone whether they'd do something like that but I'm just a dad who wants to do the best for his young fella, a boy who's had a rocky road in his ten years.  If I had the $2000 I'd hire a car from one of the supercar hire places but I don't, so I'm asking anyone who might want to help a little guy achieve his dream of having a ride in a supercar whether you could take Callum for a ten minute drive? 

The attached photo is of Callum in front of a Bentley in Point Piper, a favourite car hunting spot.

I hope you can help but if you can't Callum will still be looking out for your car and we might see you at a traffic light sometime.  He'll be the excited one.

Merry Christmas

Jared

Offline Joel

G'day,

My name is Jared and I'm the father of a little ten-year-old boy called Callum.  Callum has had some challenges in his life you might say.  He was born with a muscle disease which hasn't yet been diagnosed but it's similar to muscular dystrophy; very weak muscles, poor respiratory system (meaning many trips to hospital with pneumonia), and a lot of other issues.

Because Callum can't engage in sporting activities- he gets around in a wheelchair- he's learnt to get interested in other pursuits, and his obsession for years now has been exotic cars, in particular Europeans.  Cal's favourite thing in the worldto do is to stand on a particular corner at Double Bay (very wealthy suburb of Sydney) and "car hunt", which means spotting great cars, talking about them, talking about his "top five" favourites, a list that's changing all the time, and just generally immersing himself in supercar trivia.

The reason I'm writing this is because when I asked Callum a while ago what would be his favourite thing for Christmas he said, "Well, Dad, I'd love a drive in a supercar but I know that can't happen."

I don't know how this letter will be received, whether you'll think I've got no right to ask someone whether they'd do something like that but I'm just a dad who wants to do the best for his young fella, a boy who's had a rocky road in his ten years.  If I had the $2000 I'd hire a car from one of the supercar hire places but I don't, so I'm asking anyone who might want to help a little guy achieve his dream of having a ride in a supercar whether you could take Callum for a ten minute drive? 

The attached photo is of Callum in front of a Bentley in Point Piper, a favourite car hunting spot.

I hope you can help but if you can't Callum will still be looking out for your car and we might see you at a traffic light sometime.  He'll be the excited one.

Merry Christmas

Jared

Jared there are some big hearted guys on this forum and I'm sure someone will step up and help out. I can organise a spin in a Prowler if all else fails.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Jared there are some big hearted guys on this forum and I'm sure someone will step up and help out. I can organise a spin in a Prowler if all else fails.

I think Callum will have a very Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I have an old Lotus Esprit and if I was in Sydney I would be more than happy to take Cal for some laps.

But he may not be interested in a Lotus.....   :p

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Guys, I think we should make this an AE challenge!!!

Why not see if we can incorporate a meet and greet as part of this. 

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Jared, if you can get Callum down to Melbourne, he can have a go in all my cars - Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lotus, Bentley, Porsche and a LeMans racer.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Jared,

I have a Lotus Evora S, no Ferrari or Lamborghini but pretty good fun nonetheless. Let me know if you're interested, and when you would like it to happen.

I'm in the Eastern Suburbs. PM me if you like.

Thanks,

Anton

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Jared good luck with fulfilling your sons wish. I'm sure he'll get an offer, I hope he gets several though.

Offline waterskydiver

• Callum 'n Jared, nuts about cars! Best mates.

• Drives: Nothing worth mentioning on this site!
  • Name: Callum and Jared
Oh my God!!!  I can't believe this!!  I'm literally sitting at work with tears in my eyes hoping nobody notices.  I'll respond properly tonight when I have time but, wow, wouldn't it be amazing if we could get a few people together and meet somewhere?  Callum would die and go to heaven!!

Thank you so much for your generosity guys!

I'll speak to you all soon.

Cheers

Jared

Offline TTz

• Mr ViolaSE30