Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
The link above was quoting $795 all up.  I know, we're only talking $40. :)

Is it because there are too many classes NSX that the true running time is 8-10 minutes or was it due to incidents?

This year they have to rely on marquees for all due to CAMS OH&S where every pop up at a CAMS event now needs 300 kg weight on each foot on the ground, yes it's madness but it's their sand pit
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

yup, taking F1
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Les you read it wrong.
The track time is up to 20min a session.

Last year our session times were only 10min each

I am very doubtful of entering. Price is not worth the experience

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX

Offline Tiger

Last year FOC gave a refund of $200 for members who entered, that was a bonus and made the cost of being a member of the Ferrari Owners Club great value 👍

It is a good show and it's getting bigger, I'm more pissed off with the fact that Willunga Hillclimb is on the same weekend and will probably be a stage for the classic rally this year. Hope my 1:30 flat will still stand for a Ferrari up Willunga Hill.

Roll on summer

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

First year entry was $385 for the general punter went up to $535 then $570 last year this year now $635 + $200 (mandatory marquee fee) = $835.

What more are we getting for the extra coin outlay organisers post you get 20min sessions in reality it was closer to 8-10mins.

The cost of running the event is expensive in that the council needs its rent and then remediation allowance, given the size of Clipsal and its running cost the sporting car club is doing a good job in controlling the costs. The number and size of sponsors is growing to the extent that in future events the cost for competitor could be limited.

Offline dkabab

TBH, I don't see this even long term hosting too many grass roots categories.

It's also been moved to December to utilise 2 things. More of the clipsal track infrastructure, and it will be winter in Europe, meaning more chance of getting big names and cars over.

As long as it keeps its innocence, I'm all for the big name cars and stars to take over the grass root entrants.

Call me a snob, but I'm not interested in going to watch some lancers and skylines... I wanna see F1, LeMans prototypes, exotics, classic gt's etc

Offline TomE

It's also been moved to December to utilise 2 things. More of the clipsal track infrastructure, and it will be winter in Europe, meaning more chance of getting big names and cars over.

As long as it keeps its innocence, I'm all for the big name cars and stars to take over the grass root entrants.

Call me a snob, but I'm not interested in going to watch some lancers and skylines... I wanna see F1, LeMans prototypes, exotics, classic gt's etc

Snob. :)

I agree.

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Thats the reason behind having it with the hill climb at Willunga, people who go to the AMF want to see cars driven that you won't see on the street aka evo's etc. The cost will dictate who will attend as a competitor however given its $800....that is cheap in comparison to doing a GT round or Carrera Cup, yes, I appreciate the events are different.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I'm thinking of paying the 40 bucks to see if my car qualifies for the event.  If there is genuinely 4 x 15-20 minute runs I'll come over.  If it's only 10 minute runs as NSX said, it's a long way to go, so won't bother.  More research to do at my end. :)

I don't think the entry fee is that bad IMO.  Prime location.