Offline Tiger

The Challenge has a set of Advan Yokohama R tyres, Iím really happy with the grip on the road from cold and Iím using them on the Willunga Hill Climb. Anybody used them and what do you think of them?     
Roll on summer

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I wasn't going to put on R spec for the hill climb.

I am going to use pilot super sports.
they don't require the warming up that the tyres wont really get and if there is any damp / wet conditions they will still work.

Offline Tiger

I wasn't going to put on R spec for the hill climb.

I am going to use pilot super sports.
they don't require the warming up that the tyres wont really get and if there is any damp / wet conditions they will still work.

OK, if it's damp I'll run full wets.
Roll on summer

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I sold my second set of rims for the car to get a wider set and have not replaced them yet so can not decide on the day what tyre to run.

must get round to finding another set of rims.... next year

Offline Tiger

I sold my second set of rims for the car to get a wider set and have not replaced them yet so can not decide on the day what tyre to run.

must get round to finding another set of rims.... next year

Next year that's weeks away  :D

Are you going to do scrutineering on the Friday at Maion? I'll see you then if you are.
Roll on summer

Offline jamesatfish

Which Advans is it running?

I had the AD08s on my old Gallardo - they're probably halfway between a sticky road tyre and something like a Michelin Pilot Cup Sport.  Good enough to keep on the car all year around, no problems in the wet either. Would be ideal for a hill climb setup where you don't get to warm the tyres before your run.

I've got the Advan A050s on my track Boxster - different story there. Far more serious track tyre, compromised wet weather performance, rubbish grip when cold. Would be far better off with a street tyre on a hill climb circuit than the A050s - they take a couple of laps of the track just to get up to temperature.

Offline Tiger

Which Advans is it running?

I had the AD08s on my old Gallardo - they're probably halfway between a sticky road tyre and something like a Michelin Pilot Cup Sport.  Good enough to keep on the car all year around, no problems in the wet either. Would be ideal for a hill climb setup where you don't get to warm the tyres before your run.

I've got the Advan A050s on my track Boxster - different story there. Far more serious track tyre, compromised wet weather performance, rubbish grip when cold. Would be far better off with a street tyre on a hill climb circuit than the A050s - they take a couple of laps of the track just to get up to temperature.

Thanks James, I'm using A050, great reports on them. If it's damp I'll run full wets.

http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/ADVAN-A050-R-Spec.aspx?pg=1
Roll on summer