Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne, AMG C63S Cabrio, F8 Tributo on order
  • Name: Michael
Hi All,

My Dad has come to me for some advice as he has come to that point in life where he can splurge a bit on a "exotic" car. He has come to me with two suggestions....Aston Martin DB9/Vantage or Maserati Gran Turismo. Of course, I came back with Gallardo or F430 Coupe and naturally, he said "Shut up, dickhead"! Haha. He will be only using it on the weekends as he has just bought himself a new Jeep Grand Cherokee (They have come a long way) as a daily. So this has torn me, Aston's and Maserati's are fantastic in their own rights but with different characteristics. Which is why I have decided to post here if you guys (that have possibly owned these two types of cars) can shed some light. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Budget currently is $160k but can possibly stretch it a little more if need be. Also, we are not limiting the search to Vic only, we can travel interstate and have the car trucked over.

Cheers,

Michael   

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Aston probably by a whisker for toy status. Maserati great, but less rare.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Hi All,

My Dad has come to me for some advice as he has come to that point in life where he can splurge a bit on a "exotic" car. He has come to me with two suggestions....Aston Martin DB9/Vantage or Maserati Gran Turismo. Of course, I came back with Gallardo or F430 Coupe and naturally, he said "Shut up, dickhead"! Haha. He will be only using it on the weekends as he has just bought himself a new Jeep Grand Cherokee (They have come a long way) as a daily. So this has torn me, Aston's and Maserati's are fantastic in their own rights but with different characteristics. Which is why I have decided to post here if you guys (that have possibly owned these two types of cars) can shed some light. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Budget currently is $160k but can possibly stretch it a little more if need be. Also, we are not limiting the search to Vic only, we can travel interstate and have the car trucked over.

Cheers,

Michael

I am not the person to speak about maserati

as a general rule of thumb in the car trade any car that starts with "S" is a shit box, maserati has an S in it so it follows suit.

SAAB
Skoda
Sigma
Starion
Subaru
Suzuki
Simca
Sunbird
Seat
SSangyong
Sunbeam
the list goes on
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Porsche
Ferraris, you have more than one.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

All he has to do is drive your suggestions and choose what he likes, it's personal.
The Masa has the sound....but it's personal preference nothing more.

Offline nuxi

Aston probably by a whisker for toy status. Maserati great, but less rare.

Fair enough...I think he is leaning towards the DB9 more but I wouldn't mind the Maserati...

I am not the person to speak about maserati

as a general rule of thumb in the car trade any car that starts with "S" is a shit box, maserati has an S in it so it follows suit.

SAAB
Skoda
Sigma
Starion
Subaru
Suzuki
Simca
Sunbird
Seat
SSangyong
Sunbeam
the list goes on

But so does Aston Martin! Haha It's the greatest tough decision to make. Although I forgot to mention that he has seen a Bentley GT and also liked that one.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

All he has to do is drive your suggestions and choose what he likes, it's personal.

The Aston has the sound too.

Offline nuxi

Porsche
Ferraris, you have more than one.

Thanks PA, he's ruled out any Ferrari or Lambo...bit too over the top for him personally. Although I can lead him to test a nice 997.2 911 or possibly a base 991?

Yeah, we're going this weekend to check out both at James Lane Motors, Dodger!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yeah, we're going this weekend to check out both at James Lane Motors, Dodger!

Great dealers from what I've seen and cheaper as they like to move cars as soon as possible.
They are also moving soon and are trying to lower stock so go in hard.

Offline nuxi

Great dealers from what I've seen and cheaper as they like to move cars as soon as possible.
They are also moving soon and are trying to lower stock so go in hard.

Yes, we purchased a 2008 MB S-Class from them previously. They were fantastic to deal with.