Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
My new DD has a fair bit of tech.

is it good or is it just annoying??

I wake in the morning and get ready, before i say goodbye to the family in winter I start the car from the remote control to warm the engine and have the climate control warm the cabin.

I walk to the car and touch the driver door handle, this then unlocks the doors. I then open the rear door, I put my lap top and coat jacket in.
I then open the front drivers door, the key proximity allows all this entry.
I then prss the brake pedal as I sit and then press the start button the car to let it know thatI am here and am ready to drive.

I them move the gear stick into drive (yes automatic 9 speed transmission )
before I can drive I have to release the automatic hand break by pressing the hand break button.

I reverse the car out of the garage, but during this process (due to my wife having the direct straight in and out side of the garage) my I break sets of an alarm and automatically stops the car a couple of times before I have got out of my driveway (yes I get close to a garage and wall here and there but in 2 1/5 years yet to touch)

I then turn my parking sensors off by pressing a button and reverse out of my driveway.

I move the car into drive and turn the parking sensors on by pressing the button again.

I sit stationary as I type in the address I am going to into the sat nav (it won't let me type while driving ).
I have turned the voice giving directions off as she bugged the sh*t out of me more than anything else (be quiet woman came to mind frequently)

I get out of by local streets and onto the main roads.
I then press the adaptive cruise and then set the speed (the distance is set from the previous use therefore I don't need to adjust that ) and start the daily grind to my first clients home.

The car follows the car in front keeping the same distance, this I enjoy as I get to sit at the traffic lights untill the light go green. I then press the resume button and continue the car in front.

This works well until the car in front vears of and I nearly cause the car behind to pile into my rear (yes undesirable) .

I arrive to my clients home where I find a park. I look at the parrellel park as I arrive to it and press the parking button (no this does not mean I get to make out with a hot blonde in my passenger seat) I drive past the park. The car makes some noise and orders me to stop and put the car in reverse. I do so. the car then tels me to take my hands of the steering wheel and move. I let the car go backwards and the car turns the steering wheel on my behalf. I am then told to stop the car and to continue to not touch "MY" steering wheel. I move it into Drive as dirrected and "we" shimmy a bit and we are parked.

I then move the gear into park.

The automatic hand break goes on

I then press the button that opens the suv boot.

I then press the start button that stops the car

I then pick up my phone and flick the switch that turns the sound off so it does not make a noise in my clients home.

I then get to my boot to take out my bag and press the boot close button, the boot closes.

I then walk back to one of the front doors and press the door lock button.

The car is locked and I have arrived to my first appointment for the day  :thumbsup:

I no longer like buttons  :doh:

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

Jeep

but the car is not the point of my wine infused rant, it was all the automation that was actually making me do more  :doh:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Jeep

but the car is not the point of my wine infused rant, it was all the automation that was actually making me do more  :doh:

a jeep can do all that??

First thing I hate is the starting the car to warm it up. That puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Secondly, I know people who drive cars that can park themselves, and have done so for years, but NONE of those people ever use that feature. Waste of time having that IMO.

Distance control, as you noted, can be good and bad. I'm sure you have the option to turn it off though, like I did in my Lexus. If I hadn't had a choice, it would have bugged me to distraction.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

a jeep can do all that??

First thing I hate is the starting the car to warm it up. That puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Secondly, I know people who drive cars that can park themselves, and have done so for years, but NONE of those people ever use that feature. Waste of time having that IMO.

Distance control, as you noted, can be good and bad. I'm sure you have the option to turn it off though, like I did in my Lexus. If I hadn't had a choice, it would have bugged me to distraction.

My Povo pack work Taxis does all that as well(Commodore Sports Wagon)..........

I tried the auto park thing once, it works, big deal, can't see I would use it again.

And it's all programmable or just switch it all off.

Why does the warming up thing leave a bad taste in your mouth???? It's great, hit the remote start, let the car sit there for a while, heater kicking in, all nice and toasty when you hop in to drive off.........

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

Why does the warming up thing leave a bad taste in your mouth???? It's great, hit the remote start, let the car sit there for a while, heater kicking in, all nice and toasty when you hop in to drive off.........

Must be a Victoria thing.  No need for that up here in the sunshine state :P

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

Pollution. Carbon emissions. What ever.
TTFU!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

My new DD has a fair bit of tech.

I think you are just being a big girls blouse.......    :p

Get back into a real car!! 

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

I think you are just being a big girls blouse.......    :p

Get back into a real car!! 

I took my 1999 ricer to have a corner balance today

nothing beeped at me and I only pressed 1 button and that unlocked the doors.

I made it there in 1 piece and it was great  :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Pollution. Carbon emissions. What ever.
TTFU!

Isn't is HTFU?????   

And get stuffed.........      :p