Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I would have thought if they'd gone to that amount of trouble they'd at least have done it on a more grand or modern looking home. :P

For a house probably worth $10-15m the open mouth basement car park is probably just a drop in the ocean.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The basement carpark was most likely something the council would allow or had to be done on their say.

I have a work colleague who owns a house around that area somewhere I think. He currently has a 4 car garage on his property, he wants to do reno's and extend the house but the council won't approve the work unless he takes down the free standing garage. Their say it looks too much like an industrial shed or something like that. They also will not allow anything bigger than a single car garage attached to the house as a replacement. In order to have more than a single car garage, their need to go down, and it has also been specifies that it can only be drive in, drive out so to do that a turn table needs to be installed!!!!    :boggled:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Stonnington Council is tough to deal with.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
I spoke to Car Parking Solutions in Melbourne on Monday about a car scissor lift to drop cars into our cellar. Nice bit of kit but at $100k i'll find another solution.

http://www.carparkingsolutions.com.au/en/product/items/omer-scissor-hoist.html

Offline E7ITE

I already posted this link in the real estate thread yesterday  :(

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I spoke to Car Parking Solutions in Melbourne on Monday about a car scissor lift to drop cars into our cellar. Nice bit of kit but at $100k i'll find another solution.

look at the med HQ on Glynburn road - they have a nifty car park solution in their car park

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT

I was looking at a place right in Adelaide City that had parking issues and was looking for a solution.

I found this.
http://www.cardok.com/index.php

I got a quote for just the lift and that's about $25k for two stack underground. I can imagine the pits going to cost substantially more depending on load and soil.

Ended up in the too hard basket.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
look at the med HQ on Glynburn road - they have a nifty car park solution in their car park

Thats my docs place yeah i was going to get a pic and send it to Alvin for his surgeries.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Thats my docs place yeah i was going to get a pic and send it to Alvin for his surgeries.
seen it - Fortunately don't need it as I still have around 900m2 of land to play with having bought the block next door! ;-)
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
seen it - Fortunately don't need it as I still have around 900m2 of land to play with having bought the block next door! ;-)

Alvin, out of interest did you target the owner yourself or go via a 3rd party?