Offline TomE

Looks like the phase out of Historic Registration is beginning.

http://www.jdcsa.com.au//Articles/Historic%20Registration%20Letter%20May%202011.pdf

30 Year Rule to be scrapped for a fixed date 1st Jan 1079.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Seems quite shortsighted to pull a date out of the air and set it as gospel!! Was looking to have some mid 80s hero cars eventually registered as classics but looks unlikely if these goons have their way!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline TomE

from www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au

CHANGES TO CONDITIONAL REGISTRATION
The State Government has now gazetted the revisions to the Conditional Registration scheme.
The changes will apply from 1st July 2012
1. Eligibility: The revised cutoff date for eligibility will be vehicles built before 1st January 1979.
Vehicles built before 1st January 1983 will continue to be eligible if registered before
30th June 2012. Their eligibility will remain beyond that date provided registration does not lapse at any future date.

2. Inspection: There is now a mandatory requirement that all vehicles on Conditional Registration be either inspected to confirm no modification(s) or the Club be presented with a Statuary Declaration, for each vehicle, signed by a Justice of the Peace confirming no modification(s). The Stat. Dec. must be produced at the time of renewing or authorising your log book(s) together with the current registration certificate(s).

As there are over 1000 vehicles in our Club on Conditional Registration, the inspection option is totally impractical. We will therefore only accept a Stat. Dec. as proof of no modification(s).

So the rest of Australia moves forward with Historical Registration Schemes, SA State Government is going backwards.

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
1/1/1979!! That's 33 years and above! In addition, no guarantee atm that the 1/1/1979 will be reviewed every year!
Vic - its 25 years and over for club rego.
In SA - they also want annual inspection or stat dec! - I've recently become the club authorized inspector for BMW DCSA and would rather adopt the stat dec required approach than have to annually inspect each and every vehicle!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline TomE

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au

We should count ourselves lucky we don't have to use those horrible mauve and white CH plates like Victoria.......

(fingers crossed, as that would be a hist rego deal breaker for me)

But, having said this your insurance and rego costs would thus increase, just to use your choice of plates.

Offline TomE

5 years later the SA Government has rolled back the Historic Registration to 30 years....

Comes into effect 1/7/2017

http://www.governmentgazette.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/public/documents/gazette/2017/May/2017_030.pdf

Alvin can now buy more old beemers :)

Also Historic rego'd cars can now be modded. Waiting for details.