Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline JBO

shame really. but still an epic looking machine.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline JBO

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That's better. However, it costs more than a 911 and doesn't corner as well so I'm not sure of its intended role. Commuter? Too impractically shaped. Posing on the high street? Getting warmer now I think...

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
That's better. However, it costs more than a 911 and doesn't corner as well so I'm not sure of its intended role. Commuter? Too impractically shaped. Posing on the high street? Getting warmer now I think...

C'mon...this is exciting....this alone.....

everything works in perfect harmony to deliver a blisteringly smooth 4.4-second 0-62mph time

.....but with 135mpg economy and 49g/km CO2 emissions. Itís a definite game-changer,
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

C'mon...this is exciting....this alone.....

everything works in perfect harmony to deliver a blisteringly smooth 4.4-second 0-62mph time

.....but with 135mpg economy and 49g/km CO2 emissions. Itís a definite game-changer,

I'm a fan but I'm still not sure what is the best use for the car. The Tesla S is a competitive luxury sedan. The i3 is a straight up commuter. What's the i8 for?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I'm a fan but I'm still not sure what is the best use for the car. The Tesla S is a competitive luxury sedan. The i3 is a straight up commuter. What's the i8 for?

Don't go all practical on me!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline JBO

One thing I will say about the looks.
Remember what it must have been like when the Lamborghini Countach started arriving on suburban streets - like something had landed from outer space.
The i8 is the first car in many years that would cause a similar reaction...it looks like the future.

For some people, that will be enough.

Personally at the price point I'd pick a GT3 any day of the week, even with the engine fire issue hanging over its head.

But if I had a bottomless pit of cash, I'd get an i8 as well.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
One thing I will say about the looks.
Remember what it must have been like when the Lamborghini Countach started arriving on suburban streets - like something had landed from outer space.
The i8 is the first car in many years that would cause a similar reaction...it looks like the future.

It looks like the past to me, like a bad mix of the M1 and a Subaru SVX. Going by the pics if I saw it on the street I'd think it was a concept car from the 80's that never got released.

This is the BMW that will turn heads. The i8 is ugly.
http://www.slashgear.com/bmw-and-toyota-team-for-hybrid-z4-replacement-24321752/