Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I cant stand the constantly sideways driving in these autocar videos.

I agree. Utterly stupid.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
The squeal of the tyres made it almost unwatchable at times. Interestingly in other videos when a car is sliding all over the place, you can clearly hear the engine bellow over the noise of the squealing tyres.

On this video all you can hear is the tyres. Says it all unfortunately.
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline dkabab

I haven't watched the vid, but it doesn't say anything really. Could be the tyre compound, the surface, or just the placement of microphones.

Offline NBTBRV8

For the fact that we are talking about it really says it all.

Offline a.taylor

I cant stand the constantly sideways driving in these autocar videos.

Agreed, it's getting a bit silly. I thought the evo Huracan video was excellent in this regard. Plain to see that the limits of the car were being tested which I imagine is hard to capture on video and still entertain but none (or at least very little) of the sliding about 'hooliganism' as the brits seem to like calling it.

Offline dkabab

Agreed, it's getting a bit silly. I thought the evo Huracan video was excellent in this regard. Plain to see that the limits of the car were being tested which I imagine is hard to capture on video and still entertain but none (or at least very little) of the sliding about 'hooliganism' as the brits seem to like calling it.

is it really that hard... i don't think it is, i think its a spectacle, but it doesn't make it look fast.

Offline a.taylor

Not really sure to be honest, I've never tried to shoot video of a cars in action. I only make that comment because the movements of a car at the limit are much more subtle when compared with a car well beyond the limit.
I thought the evo Huracan video conveyed these subtleties well but still conveyed the sense of speed and excitment in a satisfying fashion.
Personally I found that approach much more engaging than the now common 'hooliganism'.
Harris will often do a 'serious' lap to start off with but I would further postulate that making that footage look 'interesting' on a track is even more difficult.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I must finally be losing my illness! In spite of my love for the Roundel - I cannot seem to get excited about the new M3/4!

The list price has definitely gone up significantly and in that range, there just seems to be so much better value for $$$!

Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline a.taylor

Looks like a great pair of cars but not what I would be looking for moving out of the e46. Looking forward to hearing more about the M2 myself.

Offline Alpinem3e92

I must finally be losing my illness! In spite of my love for the Roundel - I cannot seem to get excited about the new M3/4!

The list price has definitely gone up significantly and in that range, there just seems to be so much better value for $$$!

Ditto, well at least until the M2 gets here in 18 months or so.