Offline theangel

• Aston Martin Rules

• Drives: Aston Db9 and Subaru Outlook with a clk350 for summer
Hey Guys,

I live in Melbourne, Australia

Thought Iíd share my recent story with brake issues.

I began having brake squeal on my Aston Martin Db9 just after installing new (original specked Pagid) pads, so I went back to my mechanic; copper grease, champfer ...he tried many things but the squeal always kept happening. The most annoying thing was rolling up at red lights and getting so much unwanted attention due to the squeal. Ultimately being noticed is not the reason you buy an Aston of course, well not for me anyway.

So I started doing some research and began reading all the forums in search of a real solution and came across this http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/340380-bg-stop-squeal-finally-cure-aston-martin-brake-squeal-issues.html
I thought it was an ad but kept on reading from others who swore by it.
I began wondering how I could I get this product in Australia, I even resorted to ebay. I bought it but never arrived as it had some highly flammable ingredients. I didnít get my money back either as it is probably stuck at Australian Customs.

So still no remedy with product no where to be found. By shear frustration, I subsequently made contact with US company BG Products, but still got no immediate response. After temporarily giving up, I received a call from a man named David who is the CEO of BG products Australia - http://www.bgprod.com.au. I asked why the hell it took so long to contact me, however turned out he was really helpful and easy going, and was happy to guide me to a mechanic who stocked the product. I wanted someone who knew Aston Martinís as I would be assured of expertise.

Unfortunately this didnít occur. I tried to get my mechanic who was a well respected Aston guy to use the product by getting David to explain how to apply and use the BG 60 product, but he insisted that he did not endorse any additive type products as he only uses factory specified products, and was reluctant and unwilling to give this BG 60 product a go. I felt this was a very poor response as i had believed he was a progressive new thinker. What it showed me was that he was not what i expected him to be. Sadly his loss.

So in the end, I took my vehicle to a motor repair shop called Kurrle Motors in Hawthorn Victoria Australia who used the BG 60 product that I suggested to fix my problems.

I am happy to report I no longer have any brake squealing. The product works a treat and would highly recommend to anyone having brake squealing issues.
The older we get the better we were.
Same for the Aston Martins.