Offline a.taylor

Ah yes, the model S is what we we're referring too.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Why not? It has 5 seats.
No boot space for a family of 5 going a trip, not good for towing a loaded trailer. It really shouldn't be in a family car category its more of a compact.

I looked at one 3 weeks ago, great car, beautiful interior, but not that big, no way should it be called a family car. I know compact cars are getting bigger but its a mid size car at best.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
No boot space for a family of 5 going a trip, not good for towing a loaded trailer. It really shouldn't be in a family car category its more of a compact.

I looked at one 3 weeks ago, great car, beautiful interior, but not that big, no way should it be called a family car. I know compact cars are getting bigger but its a mid size car at best.

+1

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Deliveries start in December according to the Tesla forum.

Yup that's what I was told; but you really want to wait until next year as the early 0z cars won't have self drive and a few other things.

I ordered a pearl white  P85D and those won't arrive until 2nd half of next year.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

I ordered a pearl white  P85D and those won't arrive until 2nd half of next year.

Congrats Scott ... you have been on a car buying spree of late ....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Congrats Scott ... you have been on a car buying spree of late ....

Thanks Jon, I replaced the whole fleet at once :p

Definitely the last car purchase for a while.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Yup that's what I was told; but you really want to wait until next year as the early 0z cars won't have self drive and a few other things.

Congratulations,

I really thought you would wait for others to take a dive before you would pony up money for a new brand of car.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Congratulations,

I really thought you would wait for others to take a dive before you would pony up money for a new brand of car.

Normally you would be correct. One drive was enough to realise that the Tesla is true "disrupter technology" for the car industry and it is here to stay. It really is that good :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Congratulations,

The wait is long enough as it is.

Congrats Scott. You went from sceptic to buyer pretty quickly. I hope you ticked all the right options boxes. :p

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

The wait is long enough as it is.

Congrats Scott. You went from sceptic to buyer pretty quickly. I hope you ticked all the right options boxes. :p

It took about 30 mins actually, the length of the test drive :p

I drove it again with the wife on the Monday we got back from Tassie, still as awesome as the first time. My wife is so anti-cars it isn't funny; but she hasn't stopped raving to her friends about it since :p

I still wouldn't have it in a supercar though, that remains a pure petrol head experience for me.