Offline CortinaD

cheers guys, both good options
is the norwood one secure as in, is it in its own space so nobody else can access it, or is it secure as in a open garage with other vehicles, but access controlled, alarmed etc. not sure if being too paranoid but dont really want anyone being able to touch it, if they are there to pick up their own car or whatever...
also, not totally against the idea of parking it next to another stallion in a like minded inividuals garage if the opportunity arose and we got along ok - let me know if you seriously have room on offer eewink and we can discuss further!

totally unrelated but ive just been mucking around with my 2 rusty old cortinas wondering what to do with them!

The $180 pm is open area warehouse but it is locked at all times & monitored video inside (apparently).

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I've been hunting around for a lock up car storage facility with 24hr access, for the Porsche, and so far the rates are around $330-400/mth, for a 18m2 garage. Holy cow!! :eek:

So made me wonder what demand would be like for such things in Adelaide nowdays.. perhaps I should move my factories up north and convert our current buildings for lock-up storage for cars :D

Anyone here involved in storage facility management/development?

Offline hydie

There was a lengthy discussion about exactly this on F-Chat a month or two ago with some great input/ideas.

Found it.. - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309206

*waits for mhh*

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I've been hunting around for a lock up car storage facility with 24hr access, for the Porsche, and so far the rates are around $330-400/mth, for a 18m2 garage. Holy cow!! :eek:

So made me wonder what demand would be like for such things in Adelaide nowdays.. perhaps I should move my factories up north and convert our current buildings for lock-up storage for cars :D

was thinking the same about putting some sheds up at my site at Campbelltown! Currently have a spare 1500m2 of land there doing nothing - at that rate or even at 1/2 that - could probably justify putting the $$ into the development!  :)

Maybe we should go into a JV!  :thumbsup: I am desperately running out of room to store my cars and am too embarrassed exploiting the goodwill of my mechanic at the moment!  :D
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline TomE

At the back of my house is a massive unused warehouse. It has been unused since the 80s when the council turned it down for a roller rink.

It’s located behind some shops with 2 separate driveways to a main road, about 7 Km from the city.

North side has one massive truck roller door and parking, south side has 4 roller doors and more parking.

To give you an idea of size, the water tank in the picture on its side is an industrial sized one.

It's just full of rubbish, old cars/boats and industrial air-con equipment

I wrote to the owners a couple years ago requesting to lease the property to set up a classic / exotic / race car storage facility but never heard back from them.

So frustrating because it’s right at my back door.

Offline dkabab

was thinking the same about putting some sheds up at my site at Campbelltown! Currently have a spare 1500m2 of land there doing nothing - at that rate or even at 1/2 that - could probably justify putting the $$ into the development!  :)

Maybe we should go into a JV!  :thumbsup: I am desperately running out of room to store my cars and am too embarrassed exploiting the goodwill of my mechanic at the moment!  :D

You'll end up filling it with your cars and have no space left to sell :)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Ash was probably waiting for me to comment....

Im looking at setting up storage for prestige cars at my site at Holden Hill .. Im not fully set up yet but if someone is desperate for somewhere to leave a car now with 24 hr access and monitored alarms, leave me a pm.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

Check this price from Zagames in Melbourne
http://www.zag.com.au/valetservice.php

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
If this is a success it needs to be very close to the city. Eastern suburbs even better as the majority of your clientele will be located in this area. Kent Town, Norwood would be the best locations.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

oh dear... we already have a conflict! :P

in about 10 months time, I'm gonna have around 3000m2 of warehouse available for rent or redevelopment... it's high enough to probably get close to 5000m2 floor space.. 10km from the city though..